TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all can you guys tell me about the Colorado Springs area housing (mainly places to stay away from), things to do, etc.

It looks like around the end of September first of October I'll be heading that way for about 10 months to work on a construction project.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
North end and west end are very nice. South east and central are a little trashy in some neighborhoods. I live in the North East end and love it up here. Everything is close!

Adam

·
Registered
523 Posts
On the west side here, really like it.... pretty chill, what construction project?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Tank/Bradley gunnery range? Rifle range? Bayonet range? hahaha... I see that thing every day going to/from work; it's kind of depressing.

Have you been keeping an eye on local events/news/real estate at all? With that whole national debt crapola, things have been changing a bit.

$0.02...
>>Dan

·
Registered
523 Posts
Renovation of one the ranges at Fort Carson.
Well if ya need any low voltage cable let me know that's what the company does that I work for we do alot of work on ft. Carson. Done a couple of things down at a couple of the ranges

·
Registered
210 Posts
if you are going to be working on Ft. Carson, don't go on the east side, unless you want a 30+ minute commute. I would reccommend west side somewhere, maybe near woodmen and I-25, that way you could just hop on the interstate. southeast is also good, way southeast. near the airport, there is a lot of new construction and nice neighborhoods. and there is a new road that goes from the airport to I-25 in a hurry, so it would be an easy commute.

·
Registered
523 Posts
From the westside (Colorado ave and 15th st.) I can get to the gate in about 10 min via I-25.
I make the commute everyday so. But unless you have a rapid gate or decals, you want to get there a little early cause the gates can take some time to get through, specially if you have to drive down range

1 - 11 of 11 Posts