TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say Hello to everyone and introduce myself. I live in Colorado Springs but I'm currently on a vacation via the Army to a place with lots of sand and no water.

I bought an 86 XtraCab before I left with a 22R and 5spd and didn't have a chance to wheel it before I left, but I'll wrenching on it when I get back in a few months and join you next spring! Until then, I'll be web wheelin' it! :rolleyes:

Thoughts on it when I get back: lockright f&r, sliders, bumper, 2" body and drivetrain lift with skid, and relax the t-bars. Still has stock 4.10 gears, but since I can trailer it long distance, can I just get away with some 4.7 gears in the tcase? Opinions on that please!

I'd also like to thank you all for the hours of entertainment I get from reading all the threads on here and the wealth of info as well! Kudos!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I'm really forward to getting back, especially so I can finally buy a nice set of tools and start turning some wrenches on the truck. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions on the way, since I'm not super familiar with Toyotas, but the mini truck seems simple enough. The trails in CO look amazing too! Wish I would have been able to get to the Springs sooner!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome, and stay safe! Where are you right now?
I'm in southern Iraq, counting down what should be the last 4 months of my tour.

Here's a pic of the truck in its current state. In the Springs on R&R had a chance to drive it a bit (my fiance's parents are storing it), and still love it. Safety orange hasn't held up so well though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts