TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the record its NOT for my vehicle. Actually a buddy of mind who I hadn't seen in a couple of months told me(last time I saw him) that he wanted to lift his truck more. He already had a fabtech 4in. suspension lift and a 3in. body lift. on 35's. A place near his house wanted to put ANOTHER body lift on top of what he already had. I told him to not do this as it would make his truck really tippy. But fast forward to 2 days ago, I go over and see his truck is hella higher than the last time i saw him. I go over to inspect it and sure enough. The place installed another body lift on top of his original and he moved up to 37s. It looks nice just parked but that seriously cannot be good. Is it dangerous to drive a vehicle like this around? He NEVER goes offroad with it, i told him if he wanted to go to calico next weekend and he said "naa, i don't want to mess up my truck":rolleyes: So can something bad happen with this setup? TIA for any info.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Yeah man, it's seriously dangerous and completely STUPID. Not to mention if he had a wreck, his whole cab would most likely go flying off the frame. If this was a situation where he rearended someone, he might fly into their car and kill them. Not too mention the potential roll/lean issues, the problems with steering and wiring, etc.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
For the record its NOT for my vehicle. Actually a buddy of mind who I hadn't seen in a couple of months told me(last time I saw him) that he wanted to lift his truck more. He already had a fabtech 4in. suspension lift and a 3in. body lift. on 35's. A place near his house wanted to put ANOTHER body lift on top of what he already had. I told him to not do this as it would make his truck really tippy. But fast forward to 2 days ago, I go over and see his truck is hella higher than the last time i saw him. I go over to inspect it and sure enough. The place installed another body lift on top of his original and he moved up to 37s. It looks nice just parked but that seriously cannot be good. Is it dangerous to drive a vehicle like this around? He NEVER goes offroad with it, i told him if he wanted to go to calico next weekend and he said "naa, i don't want to mess up my truck":rolleyes: So can something bad happen with this setup? TIA for any info.
Against California law. IIRC, California does not allow anything higher than 3 bodylifts. You can probably guess why.

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Against California law. IIRC, California does not allow anything higher than 3 bodylifts. You can probably guess why.
So he's safe, because he only has two body lifts.

You forgot the " to indicate a measurement.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
How much was the 2nd BL??????
:worthless :D

I wanna see this marvel of engineering

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
How much was the 2nd BL??????
:worthless :D

I wanna see this marvel of engineering
X2. My guess is that this shop probably does not have any insurance? Sounds like a totally irresponsible thing for a 'shop' to do. The shop must be a division of fly by night industries because no one in their right mind would perform such a 'modification'--hatchet job is more the term that should be used.

No offense to your friend but is he all there mentally? Can't believe any one in their right mind would pay for this sort of thing.:2cents:

·
Registered
32 Posts
This crap reminds me of a 1st gen. Toyota I saw years ago with pressure treated 4x4 post used as a body lift. Whoever does this kind of work needs to be drug out to a field and shot, especially if it's a real "shop".

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X2. My guess is that this shop probably does not have any insurance? Sounds like a totally irresponsible thing for a 'shop' to do. The shop must be a division of fly by night industries because no one in their right mind would perform such a 'modification'--hatchet job is more the term that should be used.

No offense to your friend but is he all there mentally? Can't believe any one in their right mind would pay for this sort of thing.:2cents:
eh, I don't mind if you call him an idiot. He really doesn't know shit about cars or how shit works. I asked him what brand the BL installed was and he said "what are you talking about its just a body lift". He's from Israel and tries REALLY hard to fit in with the "white" crowd since he likes the white girls(not trying to be racist but its the truth) and since all the white boys around here drive the big trucks he wants one too. He's not all up there either since he use to drop ecstacy every other day back in israel.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Well, unless they did a 2" and a 3" body lift, he is in violation of the law:

CALIFORNIA
Frame height can be no more than 27" for vehicles with a GVWR under 4500 pounds. For heavier vehicles the limit is 30". Body lifts cannot exceed 5". Vehicle headlight height shall not surpass 42" to the center of the headlight.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
Fuck show trucks, look at the drop down on this POS they did

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, unless they did a 2" and a 3" body lift, he is in violation of the law:
yeah, it looks like the second BL is a 2" because it looks a bit smaller than the original. If his cab ever falls off his truck, I'll be the first one to laugh at him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts