TTORA Forum banner

comments needed

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  MTN_BKDUDE 
#1 ·
i am looking at trading my truck, a 94 toyo ext cab v6 sr5 4x4 with 150,000 miles for a 02 dc sr5 limited 4x4 with 92,000 miles. my truck burns a little oil small power steering leak both front cv boots are busted timing belt last done around 50,000 miles the 02 truck motor is clean as a whistle also the interior is spotless the outside has a few scratches one or two deep ones there is no sign of any offroading but there is no records as far as timing belt etc. go. i got te place down to $10,500 and my truck they were asking 16,900. suppose to make the deal tomorrow unless u guys tunr me away. my opinion is that it is a great deal. i'v been searching for dc as hard as i can. sorry for the long post and hope i'm in the right forum. what do u THINK?

#2 ·
KBB.com and NADA.com have retaill and trade in prices. Run it through with all the options both vehicles have. Clean as a whistle may be great but the engine could be crap. Take it to a mechanic (your own, not the dealers) and have them take a look-see and see how it looks. I havent priced used taco's lately, but 17K sounds a little high. I think I paid 15,500 for my 03 double cab w/locker and push button 4x4 1 year ago.

#3 ·
mechanic chcked it out, all is well. where do you find a dc 4x4 for that price? i'v beensearching and can't find anything for less than 20 grand hardly. loal toyo dealership has an 03 dc4x4 with 54,ooo miles ad wants 21,678$$ i know its a dealership but still. searching e-bay, cars. com autotrader i can't find nothing.

#4 ·
Spacecwboy said:
KBB.com and NADA.com have retaill and trade in prices. Run it through with all the options both vehicles have. Clean as a whistle may be great but the engine could be crap. Take it to a mechanic (your own, not the dealers) and have them take a look-see and see how it looks. I havent priced used taco's lately, but 17K sounds a little high. I think I paid 15,500 for my 03 double cab w/locker and push button 4x4 1 year ago.
Off topic, but SWEET avatar!!

#8 ·
go get it.... and then stop posting in other threads asking people to come tell you to buy a truck. nearly 4k below blue book and you figure that your truck isn't going to be worth that much to them ( they will sell it at auction) so that is a great deal to get into a newer taco

#10 ·
Not sure where you guys are located but all the taco's around here normally sell for overbook. I got mine for 17k. Its an 03 xtracab-40k miles and clean, v6 sr5 just a small dent on the upper edge of the tailgate. The whole time i was looking I could find 99's that they were asking between 9-14k for with 150k plus miles. I thought i made a decent deal on mine since the dealership had a 04 xtracab barebones model that they were asking 24,000 for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.