TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is a great site been reading for a while now about the lifts and tires. I’m trying to figure out what lift to get. I have a 2005 Tacoma dbl cab 4x4 manual 6cy with an off-road package. I do have an ARB bumper on her now and will have A XD9000 winch. I mainly 4x4 in mud and sand cause live on the coast. Don’t have much money for this lift my budget is $300. The lifts I’m considering are Revtek 3” Suspension Lifts ~ Daystar Suspension Lifts 2.5Lift w/ Add A Leaf ~ ToyTec 3” Lift Coil Kit with AAL. Or is there something else that I can consider that I have missed. Which one will give me the most lift? I want to buy the biggest tire possible on my stock wheels (money issue again so have to stay stock wheels). Once I lifted it I’ll play with different brand and sizes of tires till I find some that fit right with not to much rubbing.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
IMO save your money and go with Bilstiens 5100 series shock with the OME coils. It will cost you a few hundred more but you will be a happy camper in the long run. I don't run a winch and heavy bumper, but folks on this site complain about sagging front springs with the toytec spacer lifts installed on trucks with heavy armor and winches.:2cents:

·
Registered
483 Posts
33" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ!
Revtek lifts are cool, Im personally saving my money for a 6" Fabtech w/35's. oh yea, tuffcountry has a lift for you price range, skyjacker may too. seems that some one here frown upon tuffcountry, but i have no idea.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
uah...save your money

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys ~
Yes I would like to get a better set up but for more cash, but not possible at time ~ wife + 3 kids = no money. I really need the tires now. Have my state inspection due up in May and they won't pass as well a safety issue driving with those tires. Have to keep mosquitos away from them so they won't BLOW. So what’s its coming down to~ I have to spend the money for my tires that’s a must $175-$195, 33" Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ are on the list to see if they will fit, and if I can lift the truck a bit to get better meat under her for $300 I think it will be money well spent. I'm thinking it will be one of these but will take a look at the tuffcountry already took at look at skyjacker. What will give me a higher lift the coils or the spacers?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Bud, my honest opinion is to wait, save the money and do it right. There are plenty of people selling take offs (tires/wheels) from new trucks for cheap. Buy a set to pass inspection and wait on the lift. What's the big rush any way? These trucks wheel great even when they are left bone stock. My .002

·
Registered
838 Posts
see if you can get a set of coil spacers used for cheap. i bet you can get them for $100 or less from someone on the board. You will be able to get the clearance for the new tires now (so you wont have to skimp on those), then later when you have the cash you can get coilovers. The 100 bucks will buy you some time to get a good front end setup, then you can resell the spacers when you put the new front end in, and still not be out that bad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In your situation, with the arb, go with the toytec/ome coils, up front, add a leaf in the back, get the 885's up front though so you don't get to much sag from the bumper. I think you will be very satisfied, also make sure to order the axle shims with them, and also you may want to get some daystar poly spacers instead of using the aluminum ones provided with the toytec lift, or just not use them at all. If you read on here a lot of people have had some problems with them causing vibration, or being able to feel to much in the steering wheel, there is a nice thread on this issue in here somewhere. All of this can be purchased under 300's too. With this lift you won't have any trouble running 265's, you may have some issues with 285's rubbing on the uca's with factory wheels. wheels spacers at marlin crawler are pretty reasonably priced and useful in your situation. This is prob the cheapest way out, still getting semi-good results. A lot of people will bash this saying, save your money, get the best lift on the market, wheel spacers suck, yada yada.... But I am answering the question you asked, I think this is your best bet for the least money. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
838 Posts
not to bash you daleco, but toytec lists the ome coils and spacer for 220$, then you need to buy the shock, and since its an 05 taco, he will want to replace all the rubber isolators in the shock tower and that is 70 bucks. I ended up spending 450 total for my 881s, bils, and new rubber. for that price its best to get a coilover. plus he has to do the rear end as well. however, it is a great ride and am pleased with my ome setup.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for your input. I really want to get good tires on the truck now so that is the rush. That's why I don't want to wait till I have the $$ for coilovers, don't know when that will happen. Had a 1998 Taco and keep it stock and was a beast like that so yes I could leave this truck like that but looks so much better with a slight lift and bigger tires. I'm going with Part# OME 3-05-0AL with the 885 coils. This way kits come with everything together and I just have to install. From reading on here coils seem to be better than spacers. It says I can use my factory shocks with no problem. I have to do some more reading on the axle shims. Will take a look at all the suspension when I start working and replace what has been worn. The people that have this lift seem to be pleased with it,after fixing the vibration problem. Anybody not happy with it?

Later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts