TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just thought I would post this just for those that might be interested. I'm not much of a poster here but I do read an awful lot and I thought this post may help those that are searching for a set up for a heavy load.

I called Jacque at TRDParts4U and I asked him about an OME set up for my 02 Dbl Cab, I also added that I carry a 4 wheeler a lot and I was concerned about the longevity of the Dakar 5 leaf pack. He made mention that Barb has added a full length leaf to her leaf pack on her Dbl Cab and it seemed to be holding up well....so I said send it.

Despite the 4 hours that my coils and shocks sat at PEPBOYS, it was a smooth process for the instructions on OME install that I have found on this forum are worth their weight in gold. It actually only took us about 5 hours to complete the 882/91S - N85/Dakars.

Only problem that we ran into is that the stock u-bolts are not really long enough. While we were at Pepboys we found U-bolts there but they measured wider than the ones on the Taco and what was strange is that on the package it mentioned that they would fit most and that there were wider ones available.....we needed ones that were more narrow...oh well. The ends of the bolts are just flush with the nuts, going to try and get u-bolts asap.

Anyway for the reason of this post, I wanted to post some before and after pics unloaded and loaded.....due to the extra leaf the truck has more rake than I would prefer but I use it, not show it.

I guess due to my NEWBY status I cant post more than 3 pics??? If anyone would like to post the rest of them for me, shoot me an email and I'll send them. I have pics of the gap between bumpstops loaded with and w/o OME and unloaded pics.

Here are the pics of it loaded with and w/o OME.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks!

Oh yeah just for FWI.....

Stock Measurements:
RF 18 2/16 RR 18 9/16 "Loaded rear" 16 13/16
LF 18 7/16 LR 18 13/16 "Loaded rear" 17

OME Measurements:

RF 20 13/16 RR 22 5/16 "Loaded rear" 20 3/16
LF 20 13/16 LR 22 5/16 "Loaded rear" 20 4/16

* all measurement from pinch weld in front and rear of cab.*

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Nice work...I am getting ready to throw on saw 2.0 and Alacans in the rear...did you extend the rear brakeline? BPV bracket?
Looks good!

·
Registered
760 Posts
looks good... cant wait for my setup to arrive :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I need to get longer u-bolts due to the Dakars....can someone let me know where I can get some for the Toy or should I have some made?

I went to Pepboys and theirs are too wide, and the local dealer said theirs come in the standard length.

Has anyone tried these ubolts?

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/suspension/parts.htm

$8 Each

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
I need to get longer u-bolts due to the Dakars....can someone let me know where I can get some for the Toy or should I have some made?

I went to Pepboys and theirs are too wide, and the local dealer said theirs come in the standard length.

Has anyone tried these ubolts?

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/suspension/parts.htm

$8 Each
Just get the OME extended u-bolts from Barb or Jacque. That's what I used when I added the long leaf to her truck... Jacque probably didn't know she got them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just get the OME extended u-bolts from Barb or Jacque. That's what I used when I added the long leaf to her truck... Jacque probably didn't know she got them.

My firewall prevents photobucket pics...but I do thank you for the tip. I'll try and give Jacque a call in the next few.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't get to obseesed over "a rake"... that is functionality my friend.

If you add weight or change things to make your truck "appear" perfectly horizontal, it will look just like it did in the before picture when you load your ATV in it, and handle mroe dangerously.
Noted. :)

As for the Cap, I mentioned to Jacque prior to my purchase that I may get one down the road, but I will be carrying that atv until then hence another reason I got the x-tra leaf.

Thanks for all your help.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
760 Posts
double cab looks good...demellos rear bumper???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.