TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The resolution on my laptop is set at 1024x768 and that is the highest setting it will allow. Is there anyway to allow it to go bigger? I'd like to be able to have more viewable space.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dood, I think you answered your own question! If it's the highest setting allowed, then no, you can't get it any higher. If you want it higher, I would think a new graphics card is in order.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Dyingyak said:
The resolution on my laptop is set at 1024x768 and that is the highest setting it will allow. Is there anyway to allow it to go bigger? I'd like to be able to have more viewable space.
Brandon, make sure your graphic's driver is up to date. It actually may allow for a larger veiwing area..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Some laptops support dual monitors so you could extend your desktop to that other monitor. In the display settings when another monitor is plugged into your serial port on the back of the laptop you could use your monitor on the labtop as well as a full size screen, but you can't take a monitor around with you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dyingyak said:
More than likely you will have to get a new laptop for higher res. Most don't allow for graphics cards upgrades as they are normally integrated, and I have never seen a driver update allow for higher res. Check your specs for the machine on the manufacturer's site; they will usually tell you at least what chipset they are using if not the all out specs of the unit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dyingyak said:
is that as high as your graphics card will allow or your monitor?

·
Registered
84 Posts
ATLRoach said:
Here is your problem... If you have nothing to contribute then STFU...
I did not mean to come off sounding like a smart ass, but if I did, I apologize. To me it just seemed like if it was the highest setting, then it couldn't get any higher. Without hardware/software changes, that is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Me Too

Dyingyak said:
I am in the same boat you are in. The problem is that my video card (Mobility Radeon 7500c) just doesn't suppport anything above 1024x768. I don't think I would even want to put it any higher because my screen is only 14".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts