TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just finished updating all our computers.

The new media player 11 and internet explorer 7.

I just did one of them at first, and ran it for a week looking for problems before doing the others.

No problems encountered, so I did the rest.

Very nice. the IE update has a new look, and the media player is pretty much re-designed.

I like it!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
my dinosaur computer wont support ie7

·
Registered
404 Posts
I dowloaded IE7 last week and immediatly removed it. It seemed to work fine but the toolbar was much larger with almost no options for changing it the way you can in 6. I just prefer to see more of the websites I'm on instead of 3+ inches of toolbar. I'll have to checkout the new Media Player.

·
Registered
404 Posts
BTW, Have you had any problems with Flash player since they released the new version? I have to uninstall and reinstall each time I want to view a flash movie. Even the older versions do it now, it sucks.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PA Taco said:
BTW, Have you had any problems with Flash player since they released the new version? I have to uninstall and reinstall each time I want to view a flash movie. Even the older versions do it now, it sucks.
All my computers are loving it.

So far I havn't experienced any problems at all.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Downloaded IE7 for my mom the other day on here work box, went ok. However I dont like all the eyecandy of IE7, too boubly (sp) and big (1200x1000rez). Took me about 5 min to get IE back to what it normally looks like with the menu bar, mom's settings ans such. Think they are trying too hard to make it look like some of the other browsers out there.

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
I have IE7. I like it. Yea, you can't adjust the tool bars as in previous versions, but I'll get over it.

Tabbed browsing is nice.

No flash problems as I had when I tried the Beta.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hated IE7. Tried it twice and had the comp crash once. I don't know if it was a bad install or what but I got the blue screen 'o death and lost a file required for proper boot sequence. Anyways, tried it again, already had a bad taste in my mouth and went back to Firefox. I do like WMP11 though. The filing/library system on this version is alot better but it uses up alot of space for file images and such though. Firefox just has so many add-ons and tweaks you can do.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I still prefer firefox, but I do give IE7 to those here at work that just refuse to use FF. I've been avoiding WMP11 because I'm still not sure what DRM tech they've added.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
fast frank said:
I just finished updating all our computers.

The new media player 11 and internet explorer 7.

I just did one of them at first, and ran it for a week looking for problems before doing the others.

No problems encountered, so I did the rest.

Very nice. the IE update has a new look, and the media player is pretty much re-designed.

I like it!
i like the new media player

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
11 Participants
Toyo4x4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing