TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i have a problem and i need someones expirenced advice on driveline issues(ex. driveshaft,carrier bearing, u-joint,etc.). My tacoma was recenlty in an accident(front crash) and had the transmission replaced. However there is a horrible squeaking noise that happens when you first accelerate in the truck and then when you let off the gas. Another thing i noticed was when the gas is applied the noise goes away and when the brake is applied the noise goes away. My guess is the carrier bearing (housing is slanted very little.) Could this be the problem? After searching i narrowed it down to either the Carrier bearing, bent driveshaft possibly, or u joint (not lubed?) I just had the 30,000 mile done could it be possible that they forgot to lube one of these areas? Hopefully will be able to post pics and a sound clip of it tomorrow. Thank you for any advice or suggtestions.

Just incase specs
04 Trd Prerunner
Xtra Cab 3.4

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
************update*************
toyota looked at the truck again today and the spidergears are cracked or out of position. Not sure if they break,bend, or jam,etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
i think its a common problem with toyotas and it didnt occur because of the wreck cuz my preunner does the same thing but tends not to when it is warm outside. i have taken my truck to the dealer three times and they havent been able to fix it so i stopped wastin my money

·
Registered
9 Posts
if its a automatic transmission does it do it in a certain gear or all the time? if its in a certain gear i would start with checking the tranny. If it does it in all gears the easiest thing to do is to remove the driveshat and checking the u-joints or making sure that the bolts that hold the driveshaft are tight.If all that is fine then i would suspect the rear end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts