TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really am considering doing one of these LT builds. Theres only a couple problems there isn't anywhere to really use one where I live and I don't know of any good shops to do fab work around here. I love the look of the trucks and desert/ trophy truck racing since I was a kid what should I do. I have an 04 x-tended cab 4x4 taco. Any advice would be great. Also the budget is about 15K.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
cougfan316 said:
I really am considering doing one of these LT builds. Theres only a couple problems there isn't anywhere to really use one where I live and I don't know of any good shops to do fab work around here. I love the look of the trucks and desert/ trophy truck racing since I was a kid what should I do. I have an 04 x-tended cab 4x4 taco. Any advice would be great. Also the budget is about 15K.
If you're just going for the look, pick up a TC or Camburg kit, and a cheap pair of coilovers (ie Sway-a-Way). Any truck shop can install it, though you'd have to get the custom Tundra axles to retain 4WD. Get fiberglass for the front, don't opt for the secondary bypass shock, and for the rear just do Bilsteins under the bed, and cut/pull your bedsides (or glass fenders if you've got the budget). Bumpers are easy. If you're not gonna really use it don't bother with putting shocks through the bed or a bedcage or bypass shocks or anything.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Speaking of which you should see my truck now...total bro status for sure, 62's lowered the damn thing...braaaap!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Sure its not the fat bitches you like to Gnar gnar on did it?

15k is a nice start budget for making a fun toy. I am not sure what kind of wheeling you have in WA but you could do what belk said. If you do some good 4x4 trails you could do a 64" kit http://giantmotorsports.com/products/64leafs.php keep the bed and run the shocks more towards the center of the axel. This well help for more articulation.

Give us some more input and we will do what we can to help.

Shit my bad I thought they had it for the tacos also. Its the 62's for the taco you can get hear http://kartek.com/ or at Camburg.com.

Don't just jump on the TC bandwaggin go for what you like. Not bashing TC just look around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts