TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my best friend his wife and my Godson just moved to Midland. They want me to come down there really bad and the job market is good right now.

I helped them move down so have been there but was UNIMPRESSED with the terrain. Can some of you locals let me know if there is any wheelin around there? Fishing? (Besides a 5 hour drive)

Any info would be great!

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I was in school we made a few trips here to ride quads, Midland is pretty barren, I make it out there for work a couple of times a year and it's pretty much a five hour drive, from there to anything "decent". I wish I could be more help.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I heard on Austin's KLBJ stories of Midland/ Oddessa. The dj, who was born in that area called it Americas butt hole. I would not advise living threre unless you like to do nothing.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your input. Like I said I am NOT impressed and the money isn't that much more than I ammaking here only the living exxpenses are a lot less.

C

·
0 Posts
I have been out to Midland, and can say with certainty that I would rather die than live in Midland.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I havent been to mildland, but i have to live in abilene...and from what i can tell it just keeps getting worse the farther you go west...i also heard it smells like crap there from all the sulfur from the oil wells/pumps. I have heard it is the butt of texas also.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Odessa is the Asshole of Texas. Midland is the taint. However, there are some parts of Midland that are very nice if you have children. Good jobs, fair housing costs. I have family in the Greentree area, and its super nice until you leave the golf course. I like it because its 90 less drive to get to the snowboard mountains! Once you hit the INT to Odessa, your on your own. That is very close to the worst in Texas minus maybe Presidio. That is the dingleberry hanging from the asshole there.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yeah I have scrapped the idea. Beimg fromrom Alaska and Wyoming.. There is NO way I could live in a place without Mountains.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Prodigy said:
yeah I have scrapped the idea. Beimg fromrom Alaska and Wyoming.. There is NO way I could live in a place without Mountains.
I agree, you would have been depressed. I would take baby steps. Maybe Ft. Davis area first if comming to Texas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts