TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kind of surprised to see picture of the Tacoma as advertisement for this article:

10 Cars You’d Be Foolish to Buy
Consumer Reports April 2, 2015

Lowest-scoring truck: Toyota Tacoma
49 overall score
Base MSRP price range: $20,965 - $37,615
Lows: Ride, handling, driving position, high step-in, low rear seat.
With a punchy powertrain, the Toyota Tacoma excels for hauling, towing, and off-road use. But for everyday driving or commuting, the Tacoma feels dated and is uncomfortable. Clumsy handling makes it a chore to drive, and the rough ride is fatiguing, with constant jiggling and a rubbery feel over even small imperfections. The cabin’s high floor and low roof make access tricky and compromise the driving position. The rust-free composite bed is a handy and practical feature. Options can easily drive up the price well into full-sized truck territory. Fair cornering capabilities and long stopping distances contributed to a low score in our testing. A redesigned Tacoma launches in the fall.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
But for everyday driving or commuting, the Tacoma feels dated and is uncomfortable. Clumsy handling makes it a chore to drive, and the rough ride is fatiguing, with constant jiggling and a rubbery feel over even small imperfections.
Did they also do a study on which truck was the best selling?

I bet the Taco is still one of the better selling mid sized trucks.

I think most people understand that a truck is never going to ride and handle like a car. If they do they should just get a car.

I'm not a fan of the new Tacos (too big for me) but I truly hope that they never go away from their roots. A vehicle built on a frame and has great stock ground clearance. :2cents:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Wow, and we still have the #1 mid size truck of all time!!! Bite me CR!!! :p

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
IMHO the 97 was the best year of all. The original style but after the kinks were worked out. I think they really took a real turn for the worst in 2005. I guess they are OK if you want a Dodge or something but I guess they are all looking like Dodge styling now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts