TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some clearance issues with my SAS, I want to get rid of the angled catalytic converter on my '02 and run just a straight cat. Anyone done this? What parts did you use? I'm thinking I could use the down pipe from the '99 3.4 and buy a replacement straight cat for that year and should work fine with the rest of the system. Ideas/experiences?

Texas doesn't have emissions testing; they just check for codes which I can fix with a simulator if it throws a code.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
That should work... Have you looked into Pirate to see f anyone done what u are asking?
As for emission testing, Comal does not look for error codes. :)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
My brother (SuperChiem) and I have run single cats on CA Spec 01-04 Tacomas for a long time. I run 2 now only because the smog guy wouldn't pass me. Since you live in TX you should not have any problems. You will not throw any codes so long as you don't have an exhaust leak. We ran the first cat by its self I don't see why you couldn't do it the other way around.

How much clearance do you need?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An inch should do it. The heat shield on the cat has already been dented in but it still rubs the bolt for the leaf spring shackle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts