TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so if you have 1 or 2 head lamps lying around put them around your head rest light facing back and up. It makes a great secondary cabin light source and you always have head lights available. (works best with two)

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
so if you have 1 or 2 head lamps lying around put them around your head rest light facing back and up. It makes a great secondary cabin light source and you always have head lights available. (works best with two)
:worthless

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Why stop at just two?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks, it will lessen the clutter in my glove box:cool:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah, I have two head lamps in my glove box right now. This is such a simple idea. And while racing the baja 1000 it seems that these kind of simple ideas are the biggest luxuries.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It works, I've been doing this since I read it here months ago and it works great........

The lights are always within easy reach..........

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I'm assuming he means these:

not these:

I still don't understand the point. You gotta reach around and turn the shit on and off? twice?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'm assuming he means these:

not these:

I still don't understand the point. You gotta reach around and turn the shit on and off? twice?
No, he definitely means head light bulbs. Read the original post again.

Your idea would be a good one though. And safer than the original posters.

·
Registered
135 Posts
No, he definitely means head light bulbs. Read the original post again.

Your idea would be a good one though. And safer than the original posters.
I don't think anyone is dumb enough to put head light bulbs on their headrests. The OP MUST have mean headlamps that go on your head, and judging by his first post, that IS what he meant. He is talking about putting them "around your headrest" which camping headlamps can easily do, not so much with car headlights. He is talking about pointing them "back and up", and since most camping headlights pivot that would be easy. And he is talking about using them as in-cabin light... no one needs ~120watts of in-cabin lights, yet camping headlamps would actually be useful for this.

Besides being a little awkward to turn on and off, doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me, Certainly not worth the hell everyone has given him.

·
Registered
55 Posts
yano i would really likeabout 120 watts of light in my back seat. i have lots of stuff to light up haha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts