TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my coolant and can't decide whether to just drain and refill or flush it. I have an '03 with only 23,000 miles if that matters. Should I just go ahead with the flush while I'm doing it?

Also, where do you guys dispose of your old coolant? I have tried the "Quick Lube" places before but they try to charge me like $15 for it, and the local Pep Boys only takes oil. I thought it was a law that these types of places had to take your environmentally harmful fluids...any suggestions?

·
Registered
87 Posts
call your countyclerk and ask about hazardous waste disposal. I'm sure they will know of locations/department where you can drop it off.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts
Recycle disposal fluid coolant antifreeze

camaddy said:
I want to replace my coolant and can't decide whether to just drain and refill or flush it. I have an '03 with only 23,000 miles if that matters. Should I just go ahead with the flush while I'm doing it?

Also, where do you guys dispose of your old coolant? I have tried the "Quick Lube" places before but they try to charge me like $15 for it, and the local Pep Boys only takes oil. I thought it was a law that these types of places had to take your environmentally harmful fluids...any suggestions?

http://www.earth911.org/master.asp?s=ls&a=Recycle&cat=1&serviceid=

·
Registered
166 Posts
Drain and refill.

I doubt a flush is necessary at such low mileage.

-Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts