TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My coolant is leaking somewhere.
I cant find out where...The hose that connect from the radiator to the engine itself might be leaking i think..ill post a picture soon..but the problem is if it was it is small leak like a drop..and this is the second time i had to fill the coolant since 2 weeks ago or around that..and it sucks..any suggestions?
and there is a whine sound too...i think it is my belts since im at 80,000 miles..it right where the power steering and belts are so ya..
any help?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Kinda depends on how much wrenching has been done over the years... first look at all the hose connections... look for drops on the ground, look for wet places on the engine. I keep my engine and compartment mighty clean, and that helps a lot when it comes to watching for leaks.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As to the wrenching i have never touched the engine...and to the droplets only thing i could find was that hose where i said..and nothing is on the driveway..
tahts why im so baffled..

and as to looking any further im going to have to wait cuz
1)its a little wet from me filling the coolant up..
2)prom is in a few hours hahaim in the process of getting ready now..but truck is always first well most of the time haha

·
Registered
911 Posts
Its more than likely your water pump. They are notorious for leaking. Might as well do your timing belt replacement and your water pump since youll be in there. You might not actually be able to see the leak unless you pull the cover off the front of the engine.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its more than likely your water pump. They are notorious for leaking. Might as well do your timing belt replacement and your water pump since youll be in there. You might not actually be able to see the leak unless you pull the cover off the front of the engine.
thanks,how hard is it to do both?
im not going to pay somone to touch my truck anymore seeing how im more able to do the work now...

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also i think my fuel pump might be going out...So how hard is it to change the belts and water pump?anyone...Bueller....Bueller...Anyone...FRY..FRY..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
what type of maintance have you been doing?? just oil?? belts, hoses should of been done at 60k. 90k for v6's is a big one, time belt water pump also. don't know about your rack, probably something too, what is the steering fluid level at?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what type of maintance have you been doing?? just oil?? belts, hoses should of been done at 60k. 90k for v6's is a big one, time belt water pump also. don't know about your rack, probably something too, what is the steering fluid level at?
well looked at it for a while today its the powersteering pump
adv. auto wants 117 for a new one..and i need a new inner tie rod boot. and new timeing belts..i put stop leak in it for now but once i fix the boot ill put the fluid in again..and ya..its been a while..i have just dont oil changes..

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow thanks alot!im hoping it is not the water pump..after having my friend look at it which i fully trust he thinkgs its the power steering pump...ADVANCED auto wanted 117 for it...and 190 for the water pump..but ya..

·
Registered
425 Posts
This has nothing to do with your coolant issue but it looks like you have a torn steering rack boot. Its pretty small right now but that doesn't mean you should put off replacing it since it protects your inner tie rod end which use lubricated ball joints. If water and/or mud get in there and are left alone long enough you will end up having to replace the inner tre in addition to the boot. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well went to Toyota got it all checked out damage is..
Water pump
Whole Rack
Power steering pump
Upper and lower Radiator hoses..
all for the low low price of

100$ gotta love the TLC warrenty..:)didnt even know i had it until today!:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts