TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the word on the new Radial STT's? Anything? Would like some input, as the dealer is really hot on them and is willing to do a nice price break for me. I'm more inclined to the BFG A/T's, but input is appreciated prior to purchase. I do 90% highway/10% off-road (mud, no rocks here in FLA really). Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I wouldn't!

I had 2 friends that had those on there trucks(Ranger/explore) and both of them had trouble with the tires tread stepping! one row would be high and the other would be low. never saw that before on a tire. They even rotated them often too...
I've had BFG All Terrains on both of my Tacoma's & a Set of BFG Radial TA's on my classic 72 super cheyenne chevy truck and never had a problem with BFG's would recommend them to everyone!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm really thinking more and more about the BFG's or the Revos. I think that they will be much better, especially as much highway driving as I do.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Mine did the same thing..Went to BFG and will not go back...Just my .02

·
Banned
9 Posts
Some good, some bad

I got a set of Cooper Mud tires, Discoverer something that are ten years old, have been on 5 different 4x4s and still have about 50% tread. I have notice that when they were on the Bronco they wore faster than any other truck, probably due to the weight. Great tires for lighter trucks though. But I'm still a Super Swamper fan for mud tires even though I have sentimental attachment to my old Cooper mud tires. I don't care for Cooper ATs at all, no traction in wet or dry, on or off-road for my truck.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts