TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and got some answers on these tires but I was curious to get a little more.

Anyone run these tires? The STT's sidewall looks awesome and a little different lug look than the radial STT's. How is the mileage for most street driving and comfort/noise level on the STT's vs the ST's?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Id like to know as well. I ship these at work everyday, so I get to inspect them alot. They look really nice, especially the STT's. How they ride though, is something im also interested in.....

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
SpongNtruckN said:
I searched and got some answers on these tires but I was curious to get a little more.

Anyone run these tires? The STT's sidewall looks awesome and a little different lug look than the radial STT's. How is the mileage for most street driving and comfort/noise level on the STT's vs the ST's?
I'm running the Mastercraft Couser C/Ts. They are also made by Cooper, slightly different tread pattern. Mine have 30,000 miles on them, have plenty left. I run a full time locker that is hard on tires. They are slightly noiser than bfg ATs but not as noisey as GoodYear MTRs.

http://www.mastercrafttires.com/us/en/ProductDetails.asp?ProdType=LtTruck&id=209&title=Light+Truck+Tires

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd like to know about the STT as well. Not the radials, as I don't much care for their tread pattern, but the STT's looks killer. We have used Cooper tires on a couple of our vehicles, and they have been awesome. Real good prices, and long tread wear. I did a google search and couldnt even find anywhere that sells the STT's online, only the radials. They must be new??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys....Bump too for any other info on these tires..

Also, any cheaper than 'BFG muds' tires that wear very well for a MT on road?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've run Cooper Discoverer A/T's for 50k miles and had good luck with them.

I've been using Cooper tires for a long time, IMHO they make good tires and sell them for a good price.

Just remember to keep the RUBBER SIDE DOWN...

Grins,

PRB

·
Registered
479 Posts
I run the S/T's on my truck. You can see the tread in my avatar. I love them so far. They are pretty noisy however. I will probably be switching to a bit less aggressive tire next time around. Price was awesome though. I love the look of the new STT's. They are badass!

05DoubleTaco....both the new and old STT tires are both radial. They just don't say radial in the name anymore. Kinda like BFG did when they switched to the All Terrain KO. It used to be called the Radial All Terrain.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pup Daddy said:
Anyone seen a price on the STT in 285/75/16?
What he said. I can't find a price for em anywhere.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
in southern california i had quotes of 169 a tire up to 200 a tire, but i was able to find a little shop that gave em to me for 155 a tire

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jesus this a coincidence. Just had stock size S/T's mounted today. Obviously not much feedback to give other than they are slightly louder than the rugged crap terrains but the tread is ALOT more open. I wanted the STT's but my shop ordered the wrong ones (dumb naming system cooper) after seeing the S/T's I said go ahead with mounting them. Looks a little more agressive than BFG A/T's but still not a full fledged M/T. Got the set for around $540 mounted. I've heard pretty good reviews from several folks that run them on 80 series cruisers. Good side lugs, good bit of siping, center tread is again more open than a BFG AT but not M/T style either. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. Didn't get the truck back till 5 today and it gets about dark at 5:45 right now!

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
I can't wait for my Mud Rovers to run out. 10k miles on mine and they are about toast. Next year before the winter I'm switching over.

The SST tire looks awesome, and I remember reading a thread a while back on a short review that a TTORA member did. I also remember seeing a.jpg image from a 4 wheel and Offroad magazine. I have it saved on my computer. E-mail [email protected] if you want me to send it to you...

-Phill

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Discoverer S/Ts on my Taco, and for being all terrains, I am pleased. I recently went on a semi-snow run, and the S/Ts seemed to perform better than equivelant BFG A/Ts which some other folks had.

·
Registered
286 Posts
wrong post

·
Registered
167 Posts
I run the Cooper STTs on my truck. 305/70 16s. I've been quite happy with them. A little loud, but what can you expect. Run great on wet pavement, snow, etc.. Look great too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts