TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use a cop/search light in their Tacoma? I have an '02, and am interested in installing one, just not sure if there is enough surface between the door and the windshield seal.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
I've seen them mounted in the middle of the roof. It may be easier that way. O don't know if the a-pillar is big enough and you may have to get a modified windshield.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it might be impractical, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone made it work. My friend has a '79, and his truck has one, but the pillar has more surface area.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
is there any way you can take is apart and measure up the attachment pieces/bolt to your truck and see if it works that way? Or maybe check out Galls or some other LEO merchandise site and see if they have measurements readily available. That may help.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i know its not the same, but why not just get one of those hand held spotlights that plug into the cig lighter? seems like the cop light mounted would cause more trouble than its worth. idk just another option....

·
Registered
779 Posts
hopper said:
Pm Swayala06 about his Go-Light. It is a suction cup mounted search light that is remotly conroled.
awesome product I think I might have to get me one of these!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
hopper said:
Pm Swayala06 about his Go-Light. It is a suction cup mounted search light that is remotly conroled.
X2 on the Go light, my dad gave me one for X-mas about 15 years ago...it has survived being knock off by branches, freezing rain etc...I just leave it in my truck box for when I need it..

·
Registered
799 Posts
A-GUEST said:
awesome product I think I might have to get me one of these!
Dont quote me but I was told they are around $40 also.....much cheaper and easier than chopping to fit a manual light. :2cents:

·
Registered
779 Posts
awesome... 15 years it has lasted..? is it made in america? 40 bucks aint bad considering all the money you save in the long run..thanks again!

-alex

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
A-GUEST said:
awesome... 15 years it has lasted..? is it made in america? 40 bucks aint bad considering all the money you save in the long run..thanks again!

-alex
Not sure where it was made, quality is great. But I am sure it was a bit more than $40, they are running about $150+ on ebay. Though I have seen a knock off version for about $80 recently: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Marine-REMOTE-CONTROL-SEARCHLIGHT-Spot-Light-boat-Duck_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50437QQitemZ160096848678QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW. But for the versatility of it, Rotates almost 360* and up and down a ways and not having to drill a hole in the truck. Used it on a couple of boats too. I have had the plastic slide in mount on three different canopies over the years...I think it is worth the $$

here is something similar to the go light:

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gregers05 said:
i know its not the same, but why not just get one of those hand held spotlights that plug into the cig lighter? seems like the cop light mounted would cause more trouble than its worth. idk just another option....
I have one of those that I can use, but one of those cop lights sure would be cool ; )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts