TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up... for those of you in San Diego that have read or been following RSB's build and want a pair of Corbeau seats, there is only 1 distributor here, according to Corbeau's website that is.
The company is www.group5motorsport.com and are located @ 8554 Commerce road in the Mira Mar area.

Just ordered a set of GTS II's in the grey cloth color w/double locking seat brackets. They charged me what Corbeau advertises on their site, but without the cost of shipping. Kinda cool. Nice showroom and good guys to deal with too.

That's all I gotta say 'bout that.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey mod.... Obviously this is in the wrong section... please move it.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
How much did it set you back?

·
Registered
282 Posts
FYI There's a bunch of vendors on Pirate that sell Corbeau. Can't remember the one I bought from, but they gave me such a good price that I went from wanting a pair of TRS to getting the LG1 w/brackets around the price of a pair of the TRS at MSRP, and shipping was ~$35. No tax either!

Can't go wrong with Corbeau seats any way you slice it...

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much did it set you back?
Total with tax: $1,007.00. The seats were $349.00 each. There are 2 styles of brackets, single ($99.00) and dual ($114.00) locking slide mechanisms. I went with the dual type.

It will be a refreshing change to wheel and not slide around on the stock crappy seats.

Later.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I replaced my drivers seat with a GTS II for years ago and love it. Not sliding around wheeling is nice, but the nicest thing is that my back doesn't hurt during normal driving.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
glad yer happy wit 'dat junk

My buddy bought those Corbeau GTS II's and the drivers lower left seat bolster ate shit in a matter of months...

I'll have to guess that my buddy must drag his nut sack over the bolster when he gets in and out...
maybe he has nuts of steel ? :dunno:

'cause I got in his junk once and squashed my nuts trying to sit down :shiner:

and so... after looking at his floppy bolster and squashing my nuts on that pos camel hump...
I thought to hell with that junk. :mad:

if I wanted a nut cracker...
I'd just get one at the dollar store. :p

If I thought to buy any of their junk at all...
it'd likely be the Sport seats with the shorter side bolsters.

JMO/:2cents:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts

i recently purchased the new baja jp seats with shorter side bolsters...makes it easy getting in and out especially when at some odd angle haha

·
Registered
629 Posts
My buddy bought those Corbeau GTS II's and the drivers lower left seat bolster ate shit in a matter of months...

I'll have to guess that my buddy must drag his nut sack over the bolster when he gets in and out...

and so... after looking at his floppy bolster and squashing my nuts on that pos camel hump...

I have to agree with Dell.:eek:
Corbeau GTSII seats suck big green donkey dicks! They do NOT last worth a shit and I take care of my junk!
X2 if you got eskimo balls or a extra large schlong your gonna wear out the bolsters...even if you are careful getting in/out. The bolster is waaay to high for the seat. It is what it is.
Knowing what I know now I should have purchased a different seat or RECAROS.
The only positive thing I can say is the brackets are a good solid fit.
I'd sell my seats cheap...do yourself a favor and stay away from the GTSII seats. Oh yeah, the black gets dirty quick just from normal wear and tear.
$.02

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

What seats do you have?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to agree with Dell.:eek:
Corbeau GTSII seats suck big green donkey dicks! They do NOT last worth a shit and I take care of my junk!
X2 if you got eskimo balls or a extra large schlong your gonna wear out the bolsters...even if you are careful getting in/out. The bolster is waaay to high for the seat. It is what it is.
Knowing what I know now I should have purchased a different seat or RECAROS.
The only positive thing I can say is the brackets are a good solid fit.
I'd sell my seats cheap...do yourself a favor and stay away from the GTSII seats. Oh yeah, the black gets dirty quick just from normal wear and tear.
$.02
What seats do you have and which Glock too?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update:

I have had the seats in now for about a month. The seats are a huge improvement over the stock junk. The seat back offers great support both for lateral movement and lower back. Seat cushion bolsters keep you in place for sure.

Like what was mentioned in a previous post, the seat cushion bolster on the outside of each seat is tall. Corbeau could eliminate at least 2" on it as that would make getting in the vehicle a bit easier. Getting into the truck is not a problem for my lady and I however, we now 'plan' on getting in, not just 'gettin' in the truck if that makes sense.

Later.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts