TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Throwing out an invite for the Florida members. Chaz(2Tense), myself and a few others will be making another run out there (God willing and the creek don't rise :D ) This area is west of West Palm Beach and has mild to moderate wheeling (unless we get a $#!+ load of rain).You do need 4WD as the sand I believe is too soft for a Prerunner but hey who knows. I couldn't run it in 2wd but I also didn't airdown.

·
Registered
963 Posts
So far we have three Tacoma's (Skip, Dave & myself) one Chevy and one Dodge. I'll try to contact the guy on TTORA main forum that lives in East Boca.

Skip, I was too late on calling FWC about the Management License/Permit... I'll make sure I do that in the AM, as soon as I get the info your Nextel will be going off :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sound's good Chaz I'll be at Calypso Bay water park with my kid's today so I may not hear my phone but I'll check it from time to time.I have to go to my buddies shop to pick up my firework's order around 4:00 then after that "airsoft" wars with my boy's,so quite the busy day for me. Fri or Sat I'll go down and see if I can find the Ranger and have them Hi-Lite which trails are open for us.

·
Registered
138 Posts
ive been bustin my dick at work lately, but i will try to make the run, the picture to the left is from corbet

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
2Tense said:
Nobody from central FL wants to join us? :( I understand the guy's from Jacksonville not taking the drive.
I have plans for this weekend. Trying to finish up truck we are building to take to the mudbogs in Inglis this weekend. Would like to go check it out one time, whats it like out there?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like it... Basically flat land, two months ago it was very dry, mostly sugar sand. Skip informed me that it has been raining a lot out there, we're hoping it hasn't all soaked in.

I haven't been out there during the rainy season, I have heard stories that the water gets pretty deep (lakes) out there. Guys running 38's rolling the windows down a touching the water :eek: , not that I wouldn't try it :D .
I did learn a lot last time we went... you need to stay on the right trail and not deveate from it. I have the AVIC-D1 navigation system in my truck... it works well. But, I'm looking into a backup system with memory capabilities, like the Lowrance "GlobalMap® Baja 480C". From what I understand, if I was to take a trail in the dry and save it to memory. The next time I was to go out (if under water) I should be able to stay on the right path...

No matter what we come across, we go as a group, we exit as a group... no one is left behind :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2Tense said:
I was on Florida4x4.com earlier today reading a post from last weekend... here's the link to the pictures Corbett Pics
I'm so ready for this :D
Looks good Chaz :D I had a feeling with all this rainsome of the deeper ruts would have some mud. Most of those pics appeared to be trail "6" don't you think? A couple didn't look familiar. That was a $#!+ load of Jeeps. If that was last week it will be worse this weekend with all the rain this week.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts