TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Corbett Sat April 29th FLORIDA

Ok the date is confirmed, now I just need to get a headcount on who will be attending. Just dont forget to have your CB and your recovery gear. Each vehicle should have enough recovery gear for their own recovery, I can't stress this enough. As you know you will have to communicate with the group and it seems that the CB is the best means *Nextel didn't work in OCALA so dont expect it to work here. We will meet ion the outskirts of Orlando at the BP gas station just east of the 408 overpass on Highway 50 @ 7am Saturday Morning. And we will re-group in Palm Beach at the Hess gas station on the far west end of Northlake around 930 or 10 am.So dont stay up drinking th night before. *Toby+Kevin. It should take 2-2.75 hours to reach our 2nd checkpoint, obviously travel time will varry depending solely on driver prefference and rig configuration*we will stay together so no-one is left behind! The terrain varies from sand, to mud, to hard pack, to bottomless trenches with aligators.Make certain to pack cash, sunscreen, water, food, change of clothes, fuel, tools, spares, fluids, radiator repair kit, tire plugs, spare tire, recovery equipment, CB, and co-pilot if you have one. Any question? Send me a PM or an email [email protected]

Aaron Howard

·
Registered
607 Posts
I will try and make the meet at Hess on the 29th,but between now and then something may come up and I won't make it.Nextel should work out there it's actually very populated around there as far as house's.My Nextel has worked outside the front gate in the past and work's out in the acreage ok.

·
Registered
607 Posts
WiLlDaBeAsT said:
Hey not sure where this place is, but any idea on how far from Venice it is??

Later
WIll
FL TTORA
Will,
It's about 20 miles west of the city of West Palm Beach. If you can find Northlake blvd in Palm Beach Gardens on a map it's all the way west until the end then north a couple of miles.If you want try and Maquest it using this Publix address it's only a couple of miles south of it.
7050 Seminole Pratt Whitney Road Loxahatchee Florida 33470

·
Registered
963 Posts
Aaron, do you have an approximate head count?

Red2003, Is the Hess on N. Lake? and the publix is on Seminole Pratt Whitney Road? I Google mapped the area and it looks like that Seminole Pratt and N. Lake meet.

I was going to take 441 north to Southern, then west to SPWR...

BTW, I'll be there :dancing:

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
Aaron, do you have an approximate head count?

Red2003, Is the Hess on N. Lake? and the publix is on Seminole Pratt Whitney Road? I Google mapped the area and it looks like that Seminole Pratt and N. Lake meet.

I was going to take 441 north to Southern, then west to SPWR...

BTW, I'll be there :dancing:
Yes the Hess is on Northlake east of Seminole Pratt about 5 miles or so. Northlake ends at Seminole Pratt turn right(north) and go a mile or two down and Corbett is on the left.2Tense if you come down Southern from 441 to SPWR it's about 10 mins from there to the Publix.In all the years I've lived here I've never been in that part of the Corbett should be fun although my truck is not rigged for water and I hate mud so no giving me a hard time alright? :p

·
Registered
607 Posts
What's really funny is the area I live in is where we all use to come wheeling 20 years ago because there was nothing out here.Just empty dirt roads and scattered mud holes.I thought back then "Dam no one will ever live out here" little did I know I'd be living out there :eek:

·
Registered
607 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
Right on well so far it is a few of us from orlando, a 98 Ml 320, 89 fj62, my 02 4runner, possibly a 00 taco, 02 taco, 00 4runner, and thats it so far.

Aaron
I'm going to try and make it for sure 03 Taco and will try and get my buddy Dave in his 95.5 Taco.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Skip, I'll Nextel ya Saturday morning on my way up. We can meet at that Publix, then hook-up with the other guys at the Hess station.
The '06 will be ready to go, just a few more things I need to water proof.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Sounds good. It hasn't rained up here that much lately so hopefully the water won't be much of an issue unless someone wants it to be.I'm not too sure of the rule & regs. at Corbett but I believe staying on the trails is a must.Maybe someone can chime in who has been there? I have lived here for over 10 years and never been in this part of the Corbett,been to other parts years ago.
p.s. got your message.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea im not 100 % certain but define trail. "trail" : a path that has been previously cut and looks to be passable , or trail the kind made by small animals and 2 wheel vehicles,,,,,,,

Aaron

·
Registered
607 Posts
Well I just found out my son's LL game is at 10:00(I thought it was an afternoon game). I am going to meet 2Tense at Publix then go to the Hess.I want to meet everyone then go see his game.I will most likely meet up with you all in the Corbett after my son's game if that is possible.If for some reason I can't I want you all to know where my house is in case you need to wash your trucks or just need a place to leave your broken rig(you never know)for a few days in a safe enviroment I'm very close to the Corbett.
Look forward to meeting you all :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That sounds good, I did look into the rules and regs, it seems like since it is not hunting season the stumpers grade and north and south grades are all open, it does not say anything about trails off of trails or whethe or not this raod is open, it only says roads marked as closed are in fact closed, who would have guessed that?

Aaron

·
Registered
607 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
That sounds good, I did look into the rules and regs, it seems like since it is not hunting season the stumpers grade and north and south grades are all open, it does not say anything about trails off of trails or whethe or not this raod is open, it only says roads marked as closed are in fact closed, who would have guessed that?

Aaron
Great I look forward to meeting you all and hopefully catching up later in the woods.Hopefully there won't be any problems as I've heard they had a brush fire out there yesterday.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Red2003 said:
I want you all to know where my house is in case you need to wash your trucks or just need a place to leave your broken rig(you never know)
That's very kind of you, thanks for taking the time to meet up with us. Your son comes FIRST, I feel a parent should take part in every event their child is involved in. I have three, 18,13 & 10 (talk about a schedule)... My daughter (13) is riding shotgun on this trip, she has the camcorder all charged up and ready to go.
Skip, if time is not in your favor (after the game), and you can't meet us out there... I'll contact you afterwards, we can meet and get some food and beer :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
That's very kind of you, thanks for taking the time to meet up with us. Your son comes FIRST, I feel a parent should take part in every event their child is involved in. I have three, 18,13 & 10 (talk about a schedule)... My daughter (13) is riding shotgun on this trip, she has the camcorder all charged up and ready to go.
Skip, if time is not in your favor (after the game), and you can't meet us out there... I'll contact you afterwards, we can meet and get some food and beer :)
Hey no problem I'm looking forward to meeting you all.My son is down to his last couple of games and I hate to miss any and also he want's to go with us out there.I'm hoping I can catch up with you guys out there,if not I will wait to hear from you for a beer or two. :xbeer1:I'll wait to hear from you on Saturday so we can meet at Publix then head down to Hess.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I'm picking up ice for the cooler, Fuel for the tank and cans @ 8:00am, cranking up the tunes, be @ Publix 8:45/9:00.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wonderful guys as far as I know some of us up here are still in ,,, why is it when you plan something with ample time for preparation some people scatter like toward the deadline? Well im in the mecerdes is in I think my brother is still in the fj62 is out cause he just lifted it and now he cant wheel it... go figure,,, hmm the other 4runner is currently mia and we might have 2 guys from the florida rover club tagging along they always put on a good show.

Aaron

1 - 20 of 46 Posts