TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
NESurfer said:
Name says it all, I know Chaz, Cory and myself are all in so far, anybody else interested? Skip that weekend good for you?
Don't see why not. Count me in.
Edit:Anyone got any info on the water height? I know my pond is very low so that might be a good sign.:D
Edit,Edit: Paul I don't know if you ever caught this or not but it just dawned on me our avatars are the same mud hole:D

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes, it's little electronic box w/a mic that we tend to use on the trails to communicate with each other. You should really pick one up, it's so much better then those cell phones out in no mans land. :D

·
Registered
676 Posts
Red2003 said:
Talked to Anthony at the gas pumps at UPS today and I think I talked him into coming with us also.:cool:

I'll be there. I've already got a cb so I'm good. The worn stock dunlops, no lockers, and no lift will be interesting though....

What time till about what time. I have nothing to do sunday, just curious what to bring along (food and water wise)

Where abouts and around what time do we meet ??

EDIT* I used to have a corbett permit way back in the day when I actually used to go out.... Anyone know where I can get one these days so I dont have to put the 2 dollars in the stupid envelope out front lol.... I think walmart has them.... I plan to go camp out there sometime in the near future too...

Anyone here camp ? And no, not RV camping, or a place with water or power. I want to pull up in the truck, have to use 4x4 to get to a campsite and pitch my own damn tent, cook over a fire. I wanted to go checkout johnathon dickinson, havent been there. I've camped in corbett a bunch, I might take the little woman out, she's never been and shes curious.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cruznlife1 said:
I'll be there. I've already got a cb so I'm good. The worn stock dunlops, no lockers, and no lift will be interesting though....

What time till about what time. I have nothing to do sunday, just curious what to bring along (food and water wise)

Where abouts and around what time do we meet ??

EDIT* I used to have a corbett permit way back in the day when I actually used to go out.... Anyone know where I can get one these days so I dont have to put the 2 dollars in the stupid envelope out front lol.... I think walmart has them.... I plan to go camp out there sometime in the near future too...

Anyone here camp ? And no, not RV camping, or a place with water or power. I want to pull up in the truck, have to use 4x4 to get to a campsite and pitch my own damn tent, cook over a fire. I wanted to go checkout johnathon dickinson, havent been there. I've camped in corbett a bunch, I might take the little woman out, she's never been and shes curious.
We'll leave it up to the southern trail master to set up the time,"Chaz"??? As far as a Corbett permit goes Anthony just due like me and pay the $6 at the gate and you'll be fine I know Chaz has a management stamp permit I'm just too cheap and lazy to get one.Stock will be fine tell him Chaz/Paul last time we were out you can drive around what you want and plenty of sand so you will need 4wd. Let's do it up Sunday guys it should be fun:D .
Chaz shall we just wing it as far as where we'll go?? Try Trail "6" at first(if possible) then go from there?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea I think that's a good idea Skip, plan on hitting trail 6 if we can, if not we'll just take it from there, I'm thinking maybe meeting up at around 1030 up at that publix, so about 930 at the Lowes for me, chaz and cory???

·
Registered
963 Posts
I told Cory and some others to meet up at Lowe's at 9:00 am, that would put us at the Publix around 10:00 am........... Is that good?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Red2003 said:
Chaz shall we just wing it as far as where we'll go?? Try Trail "6" at first(if possible) then go from there?
That's what I was thinking cause we know that part, I want to see how the map overlay is on the other nav. system works out there.

·
Registered
676 Posts
oh boy, all this rain will be interested.... Tire kingdom is running some promos I'm interested in right now, I might go pick up some tires saturday. I dont want to becuase I dont really need them yet, but I just may... Hmm... Was going to go to some 32" bfg all terrains on the stock wheels (265/75's)

I dont really want a tire this aggressive though, Starting in feb my commute will be about 40 minutes at 75mph each way to and from work. I dont want the noise, or wear.... Oh boy the choices the choices

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
I told Cory and some others to meet up at Lowe's at 9:00 am, that would put us at the Publix around 10:00 am........... Is that good?
Sounds good to me Chaz. I'll tell Anthony tommorrow if I see him and I'm hittin up Dave to go also although Dave got a new car now and his dad has been driving his truck so we'll see. I just thought about this and if I can I'll research tonight(or someone else can)but isn't it hunting season out there now???

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cruznlife1 said:
oh boy, all this rain will be interested.... Tire kingdom is running some promos I'm interested in right now, I might go pick up some tires saturday. I dont want to becuase I dont really need them yet, but I just may... Hmm... Was going to go to some 32" bfg all terrains on the stock wheels (265/75's)

I dont really want a tire this aggressive though, Starting in feb my commute will be about 40 minutes at 75mph each way to and from work. I dont want the noise, or wear.... Oh boy the choices the choices
Those tires are far from aggresive,that's what I'm running and they last forever and are very quiet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Red2003 said:
Those tires are far from aggresive,that's what I'm running and they last forever and are very quiet.
X2, they're a great tire if you don't want to go super aggressive but still want good traction when you get off the pavement, good compromise in my mind, and Chaz can back me up on the weight of these tires being pretty light which leads to good gas mileage and less power loss.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Red2003 said:
I just thought about this and if I can I'll research tonight(or someone else can)but isn't it hunting season out there now???
I was thinking about that today... We don't need to piss off anyone with firepower ;) . We need to find out what trails are open and will not interfere with with the hunters.
Skip see if you can find out any info on this, I just don't have the time like the old days... :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts