TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I am new to this club although I was wondering if anyone in the Columbus area would be willing to donate their time helping me install the Cornfed 3 / 2 lift. I have very limited experience however am trying to learn more about working / fixing the 4runner. Of course I will supply the food / beverage and would be happy to pay you for your time.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I can help if you want, The only thing is I would check around who has a wall mounted spring compressor. I don't trust those spring compressors you can rent. I can get the coil assembly out. Let me know when you want to install the spacers.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I can lend a hand too. If you want we could do it here. My garage is currently occupied, but I have a pretty good concrete driveway and all of the tools that you'd need, including an impact wrench. I know a guy in Reynoldsburg that did my coils for $25.

No paying for time nessecary....I'll just take it out in sweat equity when I need help grinding off my IFS on my project truck :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be happy to help you with anything you may need, I haven't bought the spacers yet, plan on doing that soon I was just checking if people would be able to help as it would save me a lot of money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to use your driveway / tools bradleyem if you don't mind. I ordered the spacers today and they should be here within 2-3 weeks. So i'm looking to possibly install them hopefully around the weekend of May 12th if that works for you bradleyem and ohio_taco. You both will forever be in my debt ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bradley place would be better than mine. I don't have a grage, and a gravel driveway which hurts to lay on. We will have our first Columbus wrenchathon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohio_Taco (sorry I don't know people's first names), did you install your BL yourself? Eventually (Early next year) I will be looking to get a 4Crawler 1.5" BL and may seek some more advice. If not, where did you get it installed?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ohio_Taco (sorry I don't know people's first names), did you install your BL yourself? Eventually (Early next year) I will be looking to get a 4Crawler 1.5" BL and may seek some more advice. If not, where did you get it installed?
Yes I have installed the bodylift, it's not that hard. Just let me know when you need help.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Any time...I'm glad to help out. It'll be nice to get more members active down here and have some wrenchathons, etc. Those Cleveland Fawkers have all the fun :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm trying to increase the capibility of my ride in respect to the money I have to throw at it, once it's more capable i'd love to wheel on the weekends and help out when i can. At the moment the plan is spacers -> possbly wheel spacers (spidertraxx) -> BL 1.5" probably -> sliders

At the moment it's 10-15 days before shipping, then 5 days i'd assume to get to me so i'm hoping to do it Saturday May 12th if it arrives by then and if people are available

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
i'll see how things go for me this weekend and i may be able to head down there for the day

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
The only thing is I would check around who has a wall mounted spring compressor. I don't trust those spring compressors you can rent.
I have the good one but i did not mount it to the wall if Joe is going to come down he can pick it up four you to use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright well due to Cornfed being incredibly slow with their production of these spacers, it looks like I may need to delay the install a weekend or two, hopefully some of you are still available. Thanks again!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I heard rumors he is slow on shipping.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Just let us know when you're ready to do it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The spacers were shipped a couple of days ago and should arrive on Tuesday, I realize it is memorial day weekend, however, is anyone able to possible help install it on Saturday May 26th, maybe in the morning? I am available all weekend and would really appreciate your help!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
As far as I know next weekend will be fine for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
What time and where are you doing it I can help. I can take them apart safely with a spring compressor. Done it 3 or 4 times with my own truck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I am hoping the offer still stands to do this install at Bradleyem's house if thats still OK. I was thinking sometime Saturday morning, maybe 9-10am depending on when people are available. I'll buy lunch and such for anyone involved

1 - 20 of 27 Posts