TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if Cornfed is away or what, they havent responded to my emails, Im supposed to be recieving 2" shackles from them.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
good luck, it took me 1.5 months to get my shackles/diff drop. They apparently don't check emails, even though they have an address. It's best to repeatedly call them until they pick up the phone.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I guess thats what Ill do, although if I had known that id bought em from somewhere else

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
sometimes David is busy..but when i ordered the shackles from him, i got them 2 days after my paypal echeck cleared...

It may depend where you live also...
just give them a call and see what's up i'm sure they are happy to answer ur questions...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had a real hard time getting ahold of them by phone, it was ovoer the hlidays when I was ordering my lift and expecting it to come so I blamed it on that. But when I tried email they got back to me later that day, must have been lucky.

·
Registered
203 Posts
maybe try toytec lifts next time. quality lift, great service.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh i got the toytec spacers for the front, just wanted shackels so i thought id give cornfed a try. I ordered both the same day, toytech was prompt on delivery, great product etc...but what goods a front lift with no back? im thinkin i shoulda went with the fabwerx guy on the shackles.. :confused:

·
Registered
203 Posts
ahh right on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well #$%& I called him not long after i posted the last msg and he said 'oh the steel is on backorder' somethin about a snowstorm somewhere and he couldnt get any in...so i said ok cool how long should it take? he said a week or so, and then they would ship, had 5 other orders to do....i said ok, about 2-3 weeks then, he said yeah. Ok its been 3 weeks now and I have sent a email and called numerous times and no response, left a msg on his machine still nothing..is this poor business practice or what? I would really like to cancel my order and order from someone else now but I dont know if I can do that since I sent it through paypal :confused:

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,565 Posts
Evan9r said:
Anyone know if Cornfed is away or what, they havent responded to my emails, Im supposed to be recieving 2" shackles from them.
David at Cornfed is a great guy and a fellow TTORA member. He runs his company in his spare time and sometimes can be unavailable for periods of time since he works in the military. Try to be patient when dealing with him, I know he would appreciate it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
IN MY OPINION, doing business in your "spare time" is no excuse crappy customer service. NO ONE on this board would tolerate that from any other company.

I am sure I will get flamed plenty for this post, but someone had to say it.

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
IN MY OPINION, doing business in your "spare time" is no excuse crappy customer service. NO ONE on this board would tolerate that from any other company.

I am sure I will get flamed plenty for this post, but someone had to say it.
You should try it your self

·
Registered
54 Posts
All I have to say is impatient bastards. Has any one here ever not gotten what they ordered from Cornfed? I am sorry if it takes a while for you to get your stuff but the site says allow 3 or more weeks. If you dont like this, then order from a different company. There are soo many pointless posts, and time wasted about cornfed items not getting to you when you expect it I dont think anyone is going to die if thier lift isnt in within one day of ordering it. It is ok everyone, you will get your $h!t.

Brian

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
it appears all the states around him get their stuff within a few days. I dunno why you haven't Evan9r. I usually tell people my experiences with cornfed as they are making their final lift decisions, as i don't want the same thing to happen to them. There needs to be another company that actually has 'customer service' which makes 2" shackles, anybody know of any?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok....I am not IMPATIENT...I waited nearly 2 weeks from ordering before I emailed him the first time and then finally got ahold of him on the phone and he told me what the deal was..no problem..as long as I am in contact with whats going on I dont have a BIG issue with it. But when a COMPANY stops responding to emails or phone calls thats when it becomes a problem. So basically its been about 5 weeks or more I dunno and no lift. I dunno about you, but when someone has your money and you have no product and they stop responding, you tend to get a little antsy right? Fabwerx makes shackles for a reasonble price I heard, I was recommended them but I figured Id give Cornfed a chance... :( I will learn someday.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I agree with Brian. I got lucky and got my lift before he moved. He makes the best spacer kit on the market in my opinion. If I had to wait, I would for a superior lift. I don't have one of his shackle kits but I hear they are really beefy, and if they are half as good as his spacers are they are definitely worth it. I have dealt personally with David on several occasions. He has always been up front and honest with me and has never steered me in the wrong direction.

(just my 2 cents...)

Allen C.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I don't think anyone is questioning his integrity or the quality of his products here. I have his spacers and I for one think they are awsome, prob the best on the market. The the guy is just pissed cause he can't get his emails answers or phone calls returned. Shit happens and things get backordered. I think most of us understand and have patience for that. Un-answered emails and un-returned phone calls IN MY OPINION are just not acceptable. And like I said before, no one on this board would tolerate that from any other company. I don't see why people continually make excuses for this one...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
well we can't just jump to concluesions...
yes we prob won't tolerate this from any other companies...
but you (in general, the consumer) made the decidsion to purchase from this company...

every company, IMO need to have a good customer service...
Don't get me wrong...David is a great person and i'm sure he loves answers questions

but "you" (in general) made the decision to purchase from this company...and there was some complaints about the company that they weren't answering their e-mail, phone, etc.

and "you"(in general) chose to take this risk...
i just got lucky...
so i guess everyone can learn from this....

but that's just my theroy...:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well yeah now that I say something everyone chimes in and tells me their story...if I had known this beforehand I proably wouldnt have made the choice I did..but lesson learned. Just put yourself in my shoes and tell me you wouldnt let everyone know your expeirence if you have no product, no money and no contact with the COMPANY...thats all Im asking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts