TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Big Bear in our rearview mirror, our next scheduled run is September 26 down in the Corral Canyon OHV

Here is a run offering something to everyone.

* Easy/Medium - an approximately 20 mile long circuit of the Corral Canyon OHV
* Hard - This OHV offers two trails for those seeking to challenge their rigs and driving skills; Sidewinder and Bronco Peak. Both can be accomplished in a single day. Sidewinder is a fun (though short) trail, a locker (rear) and sliders would be well suited for this trail. As an alternative to running Bronco, you may choose to run Gunslinger which I'd deem a medium trail with one or two dicey sections. Otherwise one of the longer trails with many chances to test the vehicles articulation....

While this is offered as a 'day run', there are two camping areas within the OHV park itself. Pit toilets are available as is water at the Corral Canyon Campground. The camp sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.

The OHV is contained in the Cleveland National Forest, so your Adventure Pass is valid

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/recreation/ohv/corral.shtml

From the Forest Service website
We offer over 51 miles of system OHV trails and roads traversing through beautiful scenery and challenging terrain. Most of the OHV recreational opportunities on the Descanso Ranger District are displayed on the Corral Canyon OHV Area map. This guide is designed to provide the off-highway vehicle enthusiast with information, regulations, and travel tips while using National Forest lands.

The trails vary in elevation from 3,400 feet at Corral Canyon Campground to 4,169 feet at Bronco Peak, and vary in degree of difficulty from novice to advanced.

The Corral Canyon OHV area is not an OHV "park". Off-highway vehicle recreation is just one of the many used allowed on the National Forest. So please ride with care and always be prepared for other vehicles that may be coming toward you.

Off-Highway Vehicle Route Markers are found on designated OHV trails. On these markers you will find signs and decals designating the type of use recommended, level of difficulty, and system number which corresponds to the map and guide. The OHV guide/map may be obtained at any forest office. Markers with signs, or decals with a red slash mean the route is closed to that type of use.
We are hoping for a good turnout, so we hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
967 Posts
If you choose to do Bronco, DO NOT TAKE THE BYPASS!

Anyway, wife is due on Sept 21st so I think I may die if I go on this run.

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Scared

So did I scare everyone off with that last picture?????

Don't be scared.......:scared::scared:

CC runs vary in Difficulty.... That is the worst pucker spot on all of the trails there, well at least Bronco Peak....

I plan on camping there Friday and Saturday night.......Most likely Corral Canyon Campground.....

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So did I scare everyone off with that last picture?????

Don't be scared.......:scared::scared:

CC runs vary in Difficulty.... That is the worst pucker spot on all of the trails there, well at least Bronco Peak....

I plan on camping there Friday and Saturday night.......Most likely Bobcat Campground.....
I'll just be making a day of it... Bring it on!

·
Registered
967 Posts
This way right?

Count me in... ForSure... CC is always a good time:D:D
Same spot...bad line.

About 10 feet after that mess, i got myself in this mess:

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What are the truck requirements for the easy/medium run?

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
Too much going on in September and I can't really afford to run anything for a little bit.

Toyota 120 Mojave Road Run, 4-Runner Pismo Jamoboree, TTORA Corral Canyon Run.....

·
Registered
878 Posts
What are the truck requirements for the easy/medium run?
4Lo W/ 31's

Sidewinder:
31's.
Sliders and a locker help, but not needed

Bronco Peak:

varies in difficulty.
Start to the Peak: 4Lo W/ 31's
Start to the connector Ending at the Campground: 33's, 1 locker, and sliders would be nice.

I have not ran the other route of Bronco Peak, only from the Start to the connector ending at the campground.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah I thought that the bypass looked like a roll over situation... So I just decided to drop down the shoot... Sliders helped save my door....

And Correction:
"Most likely Corral Canyon Campground"

Also I have never been up to the look out. That should be a easy and scenic run...

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Uh, Vistataco... WTF is that guy in the middle picture of your last post doing? Straddling the winchline during a pull? I must be seeing things!
He was next to the winch line, but the winch wasn't being used to pull him up....it was hooked on to keep the truck from rolling over....

·
Registered
967 Posts
He was next to the winch line, but the winch wasn't being used to pull him up....it was hooked on to keep the truck from rolling over....
^^^What he said^^^

1 - 20 of 137 Posts