TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:First off I can't spell well. Second I'm not new to wheeling just toyotas. Have been a very active member of colo4x4.org for about 8 years I think. I have had a project going on since last april of a 79 toyota. It has a 90s 22re in it dual cases and lockers. I'm having issues with the alternator. First off the dummy that did the projest half way through(thats when I got it). So I need tech help please. Where do i write those questions? Oh and the best part I ahve had the nickname Taco for about 5 years now so it fits me perfect that I own a toyota.
Thanks cory

·
20,355 Posts
Welcome to CoTTORA.

Check out the folders below and post in the one that makes them most sense for your question.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Welcome - we're not exactly "wrong forum" Nazis here on the CO section like they are on the national board... put the question where you think makes sense, and if it's not right, I'll move it.

One thing to warn you about ... EVERY thread on here goes off topic at some point... it's just the way this group is

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yes! Another 1st gen truck guy! Welcome. I'll be putting duals, gears, and lockers in mine as soon as my Tacoma sells...

·
7,735 Posts
Ok, so we go off topic alot.. but.. we're still interested in the question and got alot of knowledgeable people here... where's the questions?

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Yes! Another 1st gen truck guy! Welcome. I'll be putting duals, gears, and lockers in mine as soon as my Tacoma sells...
so have you bothered to list it yet? :rofl:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep feel right at home. Well first off Toyota's are way awesome compared to jeeps. But what I don't get is why do people do half ass work on their rigs!!! Little vent but thanks for the welcome threads guys jsut want to beat the dude that started my project. For the dude that was talking first gen, I don't know how long that will last I may be cutting it down to a firewall so i can tube it out and add another set of seats. I ahve two little ones. OR I maybe putting a fourrunner body on haven't really decided. New big plans in the near future for the 79 is a five speed, hydro assist, driveshaft e-brake and rear disc brakes. How knows I may roll it before I get it dealed in!!!! I almost have the alternator situation figured out. But after tommorrow I may be back to square one and posting questions. This chapter do meet and greets? You know meet somewhere and chat and crawl on one another after work to bs? I found you guys on excited. You have a sticker or what?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
I hear you on this... I'm rebuilding an 85 and have the same rants from time to time while I'm working on my junk.
So do I, but its usually Toyota and whatever asshat designed the 3.0 that I'm cursing.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more questions

Thanks guys saw a thread on mng. Got a new bracket for the alternator so hopefully by tommorrow I will be rolling again(throw out the old piece of junk regulator today). But I'm having issues with the O2 sensor. The issue is that it has two plugs for a O2 sensor on the wiring( which is a 90) and I know the exhaust system is out of the 79 so I fabed up a spot in front of the cat for one sensor and the check engine light is still on but I'm wondering if its suppose to be at the manifold? Like for california emission and what not. So I went to colorado salvage today and got a manifold out of a 84 and have a sensor on order. But my big idea that just hit me right now is if I could piggy back the two plugs to one sensor? Reason being is that I notice the wires are the exact color and order for the computer. Am I crazy or has someone done this?

·
7,735 Posts
thefatkid would have a better answer, but I remember seeing a way to 'fake' the second o2 sensor. A number of people are doing it for the 3.4 swaps. Don't know if it would apply or even work the same for the 22re tho. Have you looked at that?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts