TTORA Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Ok, so I dont have any great pics of the tires... and none of the cutting (thought I did). Its wayy too cold outside to mess with takin some, so heres what I do have...

Some comparison between old and new:

Some at ride height:

Some on my ramp for checking what needs to be cutout:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #166

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
lol....

Now I have a new problem... no brakes. I've been fighting good and bad brakes off and on, and I'm kinda at a loss as to where the problem lies... Going to start with another new master cylinder, then rebleed, then try and hook a pressure guage to the corners and see whats up.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
If you checked the classifieds section, had them for sale and already sold them. for 100 bucks.

You'd be a Benjamin richer... they were 16s.

Those aren't 37"s buddy... go a little bigger... (38.5"s)
Right yall are on all counts. ;) I prolly seen em in classifieds, and dismissed due to the size. I didn't rember seeing them though. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Brake proportioning valve ordered.... ABS and LSPV to be removed as soon as it gets here and I have time.
I understand the LSPV elimination, but will the ABS removal affect other systems? Or is it pretty straightforward? I realize Toyota is advanced for their time, but this is still at least a ~13 year old vehicle (can't remember the year...)

If that doesn't work, have you checked all your hoses again? I remember something about a hose getting a bubble and then Durty Daryl swooped in to save the day by robbing my parts supply of what I didn't know I had, only to allow you to grenade a driveshaft on the night run. Wow! That was a long sentence (that's what she said???).

- Bored at Work

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
ABS wont affect anything else, except the light on my dash (which is on if I'm in low range anyway...)

It frees up space and weight, and reduces system volume and length which should help with reaction time and make it simpler and eaiser to work on.

No more rubber hoses exist on it for the brake system... Its all stainless lines from Slee.

I dont know what its dysfunction is, but this will eliminate two things. If that doesnt do it, another master cylinder will be next. I do know for sure the power brake booster works fine, so thats at least one thing off the list.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Really need to update this....

1st: Brakes. Redid that whole mess... works pretty good. Still think I have a slightly flakey master, but at least it stops. I now have more experience in bending, flaring and fitting metal lines than I ever cared too...

2nd: Steering. I managed to bend the tie rod wheelin on the farm (still not sure how that happened). Got an HD from MAF. Got it installed... way better. Now the only thing left is ends to break (hopefully).

3rd: Tires. So maybe a little bit of dry rot is still a bad thing. had to put my spare on because my front right was beginning to look a little scary. Even at only 12 psi. still holds air so thats a plus.

4th: The beating. so even on just my 50 acres I've about managed to destroy my poor body. The whole drivers side is slightly caved in now. More random dents all over the place. AND I actually managed to damage a tail light. Didnt think that was possible with their new location, but oh well. Chewed up part of the grommet, but didnt break the light. Straightened the tailgate back out with channel locks and a hammer, and it holds a tail light again! :)

5th: Brother. I have since applied decals to the side of the truck care of my little brother. He originally had this idea after a few cold ones starring at my Duece. However since I'm getting rid of it, it was decided they go on the cruiser... and behold:

161 - 174 of 174 Posts
About this Discussion
173 Replies
16 Participants
colsoncj
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing