TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
MOD UPDATE! Party is now scheduled for Saturday Jan 2nd, 4:00 PM - till close at On The Border (near colfax and 1-70)

http://www.ontheborder.com/locations/map_request.asp?template=map&transaction=locMap&recordId=0010170074&city=Golden&name=Denver

On The Border
14255 W. Colfax Ave.

We have the heated (and indoor) patio reserved!

Well, starting to get input and plan a party again this year. Molly and I are probably leaning towards December 5 (first saturday) and looking at Monroe's Lounge in Loveland again, since it has space, and Nate always treats us well. May be able to get some room deals, work on him some for some drink specials just for us more than likely. Leaning more towards get your own food if you want to eat sort of thing for those on a budget, or those that want to eat else where before the party. Or I'm discussing one possibility with Molly and Nate to keep things cheap for those on a budget and still have a little food.

Any input is welcome.:xbeer1:

·
20,355 Posts
works for me as long as it doesnt keep our members from down south from coming up.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
That's not a bad Idea Jeremy. I can call and ask him! It would be more central for everyone....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
works for me as long as it doesnt keep our members from down south from coming up.
Which it unfortunately has in the past. IMO i think we should do something a little more centrally located this year. Just my :2cents: though.

It's nothing against Nate, he has treated us very well the past years, but it's a hell of a trek for those of us from the south.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ok guys I cannot do the 5th. and Eric (FJCruzer) can't do the 12th. So we could do sat the 19th, OR I propose Sunday the 6th or Sunday the 13th. Sundays might be ideal because I know a lot of folks will have conflicting x-mass parties on Saturdays, and I hate having to make people choose. (That's why I can't do the 5th - I will not miss my friends x-mass party for the 3rd time because of the cottora party)

So what say ye? If we did it Sunday we could do it earlier like 2:00 till whenever. Besides we don't want this to be a party just to drink. We have a lot of younger members that can't drink anyway....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys I cannot do the 5th. and Eric (FJCruzer) can't do the 12th. So we could do sat the 19th, OR I propose Sunday the 6th or Sunday the 13th. Sundays might be ideal because I know a lot of folks will have conflicting x-mass parties on Saturdays, and I hate having to make people choose. (That's why I can't do the 5th - I will not miss my friends x-mass party for the 3rd time because of the cottora party)

So what say ye? If we did it Sunday we could do it earlier like 2:00 till whenever. Besides we don't want this to be a party just to drink. We have a lot of younger members that can't drink anyway....
Time is entirely open to me. Location I need to know what works best to see if I need to work things up this direction, or if it is in another location.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ok guys I cannot do the 5th. and Eric (FJCruzer) can't do the 12th. So we could do sat the 19th,
I cant do the 19th, my work christmas party is that night

I still think a more centrally located area would be a better option for this year. Loveland is a bit of a drive.

A friday night around 7 would work better than a sunday afternoon for me personally.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Well I say we do OTB in Lakewoof (1-70 and colfax) I will talk to hank and see what we can get for either Friday the 4th, Sunday the 6th, Friday the 11th, or Sunday the 13th. Then we can vote. Once I know what is available at On The Boarder I will start a new post with a poll.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ok Hank says Sundays are much better and he can reserve the whole patio for us. Fridays are crazy busy and he wouldn't be able to hang with us, nor reserve the patio.

So I say either sunday the 6th or the 13th. We can start wearlier nate if that would make it better for folks.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Lakewood works a helluva lot better than Loveland for me. Even North Denver would be okay but if we've got connections then let's use them. I'm not a huge fan of doing things on Sundays but it'll keep me from drinking too much so I'm okay with that. :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I am open for either. The OTB thing is great and much more central then Loveland.

·
20,355 Posts
i also think sundays suck. we should have it down south to accomodate those who have been shafted the last few years on the party. and we shouldnt change the date due to one or two people that have conflicts. if you cant make it you cant make it. simple as that.

i am leaving town on the 17th so anything after that i cannt do, i also work friday nights so am out if it is on a friday.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
UUGH. Well Troy and I can't do Sat the 5th. Eric and Kat can't do Sat the 12th. Several folks said they can't do sat the 19th.

I kind of think it is important to make sure some of the key members are able to attend.

We can do it Friday at OTB it will just be really busy and difficult to get a privte area. Anyone have a better location that is central that we might be able to get a section for about 20 peeps?

1 - 20 of 244 Posts