TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed some bashing and stuff going on here recently- but I'm still a newbie and don't want to get in to arguments that are older than me. However, here's some random thoughts and musings on how I've experienced Cottora.

I pretty much just joined this here club thingy a few months ago, like the beginning of the summer. I've wheeled a few times with this group so far. Camped out with a few guys and had a good time, had a beer or two with others, bought a few things from people.

Today, I found out that the city I live in was going to tow my vehicle as "Abandoned" even though they knew it wasn't. Their real problem was that it was homecoming and my truck was on blocks across from the football field and even though this is white trash central they didn't want to seem it by having a truck that god forbid was being worked on. So, despite that it was undriveable and I only finished getting parts yesterday, it was "4:30pm if it's not moved we're gonna tow it".

Well, I had taken the LCA's out to weld the rear drop bracket crossmember, and I was also planning to replace the LCA bushings as well. So no connected LCA's, no connected diff, and a steering rack flopping all over. Oh, and just me to work on it, and only a few hours til the city wants to make me an unwilling SAS project. Now, some of you might think no big deal, but for me this was a two man job. Unfortunately, no second man. And I couldn't get ahold of any friends who weren't working. So I called Dan (Minerdude) to see if he could do me a favor and help me out to at least maybe get the thing jacked up and pushed on to the sidewalk where the city said was "OK til Monday". He says, "sure thing, I'm just gonna eat and I'll be right there". Keep in mind I don't really know Dan all that well, I've never wheeled with him, just bought a few parts off of him, and he lives 35minutes away from me, if not more. Nevertheless he's willing to come up and help me out after a brief phone call, and help me to save the day by getting my truck moved, avoiding the dumbshit local towing company dragging my front end off the truck. So a long story but just a great example of why I'm happy to be around.

I've wheeled with a few different people from the club, and seen, heard or found nothing but good people who want to wheel, regardless of driver ability or truck build. Troy and Molly (and others, poorboyota and Mr doug come to mind but I'm sure there have been some I didn't mention, and I've seen the help offered up here on the forum between others) have always offered to help me on any project that needs doing, and I've been able to get several parts for the same or cheaper (usually cheaper) cost than I would have got them elsewhere. For that I say "Thanks".

I have been nothing but thankful for being part of this club, however new I may be, and this post is really just to in part show my gratitude. You all have helped me out a lot, both with knowledge and help wrenching. I'd like to say that if there is anything anybody needs and I can help, get a hold of me. I would like to repay the karma whenever I can. I'll stop short of the "i love you man", but I wanted to post something positive after the incredible help I have received even with me being basically a total stranger, especially in light of the "you guys have a bad rap" stuff I've read recently. If there is a bad rap associated with this club, I sure can't figure out why. While there may be (and I'm sure there are) other great clubs to wheel with, I'm glad I'm here. See you on the trail.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
That was a cool post Eric. Thanks for saying that. Those of us grizzled old members sometimes lose sight of how cool this club can be. And while Troy and I offer our help a lot, we do so because others offer it right back in return! We learned that from even older mebers like Brian (who posted above me).

So cheers a beer to you and Dan for getting your truck squared away and not towed!!

PS do you still need help on your project so you can get up and running faster?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts