1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a blast yesterday with the crew.

http://cottora.shutterfly.com/

Jade hoping his flex is good!

Jade took out his newly red-done rear long travel to see how it does....

Kyle Spotting Jade

His rig did damned well. Looks like we got the tolerances dialed in within 1 inch ;)

Vermejo (Jake from las Crucas) Kicked ass on the 2nd Obstacle

As did Jade

And then Troy

Bowling Ball Hill

Tacoma_Tom on his Quad (He needs his new sliders installed on his Tacoma before he runs this trail)

Jade getting Jiggy with it

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Up at the top near the lake

Heading back down

Vermajo got kinda stuck on a slick obstacle in one of the mud holes (no going around the mud hole either)

Mmmmm KM2 pr0n!

Hey *I* actually wheel :D

Jade had a sick set of wheel-stands!

So did Tacoma_Tom (Sorry no pics of QuickDraw on his Bike... but I DO have Vid of him!)

A GREAT day! Thanks Kyle and Tom for leading us, AND hosting us at your places!!

I'll do this movie after I get the Spring Creek one done!!

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
It was a great trip! No carnage, great weather, and good friends.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Oh, I forgot that I sorta technically have pics... I'll post them up as soon as I get them from Rebecca.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good time you guys! It was nice to finally meet you all. Thanks for helping me find a home for all that beer too!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for letting us find a home for all that beer :D

(Ahem that was AFTER the trail run everyone)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Great Pics.

Awesome Run and BBQ. Thank you all for showing up; excellent group of people you are. Molly and Troy, trail grub and dinner was a perfect touch for a day of wheeling. Tom, you guys were great to host us for dinner, beer and ... some shots. Kyle, thanks for letting me sleep at the cabin; the rest was well needed before the long drive home. Nate, hope that if you attempted Mosquito, you made it through like a champ.

I'll be posting pics soon as I get caught up with work.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mean Jade on Mosquito right Jake?? ;)

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Looks like fun, sucks i missed it. I just didnt have money to pick up spare parts and after this season i don't trust my truck to come off the trail in one piece anymore.

Hopefully next time!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For sure next time Nate! This is a trail I actually see a lot of us doing together! ;)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yeah, I'm amazed how many people here had/have never done it before! It's one of my favorites...

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not that I ever signed up for wheeler lake... But a great TRAIL for ALL of us to do as a group. There is something for everyone!

·
Registered
72 Posts
You mean Jade on Mosquito right Jake?? ;)
...Woops. I even told my lady yesterday how this guy Jade was making me laugh by telling me about the kids on the bus were flipping him off behind his back...

Oh well, it was a long week, sorry Jade.

...and Nate

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Not that I ever signed up for wheeler lake... But a great TRAIL for ALL of us to do as a group. There is something for everyone!
Yeah, it should be noted that the pics of these guys are on the tougher lines on this trail. So if you're not so keen on doing a massive wheelstand coming down a big steep rock, don't worry, there is another way that is much less intimidating out of the frame. This trail gets some hype as being tougher than it really is. I would recommend sliders, but I could still get a totally stock truck up this.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
I hung out with my buddy till late Sunday afternoon, It'd been a couple of years since I'd really sat down and talked with him.

Anyway, I headed up Mosquito Pass on my way home. I got up past the mine and along the first shelf road to a flat spot and there were two trucks waiting to go down. I stopped and asked them what they knew of what was behind them, ahead for me. They told me the it was drifted in, and that some guy in a rock crawler had tried to push through, got in over his head and had to spend the night in his rig.....I turned around and followed them back down.

It was fun to get out with you all! Tom, Kyle and Rebecca, Jake, Layla.....and even Troy and Molly!:p:p

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good update Jade. Bummed it was closed but glad you didn't carry on!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah it was Ike, we woulda loved to have had you along! Next time for sure!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts