TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The season is winding down so it is time to hear what people liked/disliked about the club last year. What would you like see changed? What was your best COTTORA memory of the past year?

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Mine was actually getting my rig up and running. Im now becoming more involved in the club. My favorite memory was the only club run I went on. Penrose after thanksgiving! Sweet getting out with all the other rigs. Cant wait for next year to do more.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I only made it out on one run this year but I enjoyed it. Great people, who don't really care what you run.
I really hope to make it out more next year.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
^^x2

I only made it to one run but hope in the coming year to be more active again. I would like to see some trail adoption for the club, something we can hang our hat on.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
the biggest thing I want to see happen is wheeling. There are a lot of us here that do wheel but we also have a lot of webwheelers. and there are also people that want to wheel but life just gets in the way. This is an offroad club lets just shut up and wheel. there have been a lot of things going on politically in the club, new members, old members coming back, cliques forming, cliques dissolving. ENOUGH! Ill wheel with anyone on this board as long as my truck and their truck can run the trail we want.

This whole north-south thing has to stop specifically. there have been a lot of new members from the springs lately. organize your own runs down south. sometimes northern folk will show up. sometimes they wont. but just because someone doesnt set up a run for you doesnt mean they dont want to wheel. and historically we have had events up north more frequently. thats only because thats where the majority of the interest has come from when planning events. some people just refuse to drive. dont know why. "oh a meet and greet in denver is too far away, I live in (insert suburb of denver here)." Thats bullshit, people will drive down from fort collins, ill drive in from boulder. its not that hard to drive a little ways for good company and fun times. this is a club of vehicle enthusiasts after all, driving should be easy.

[end_rant\]

CLIFFNOTES OF THE ABOVE: Lets get more trucks out wheeling. More stock trucks, more buggies, more green regular cab 4cyl tacomas on 35's locked front and rear (for those that dont know thats my truck). I just want to see toyota trucks out wheeling.

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
I dont have a tow rig so I dont drive t denver. I stay closer to home. I dont complain that denver has more events. Good for you. I just wheel with rigs that are in my class. I dont take sides I just wheel. Didnt realize that because I wanted a meet and greet in the springs it was asking too much. My bad dont do one here then.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
I dont have a tow rig so I dont drive t denver. I stay closer to home. I dont complain that denver has more events. Good for you. I just wheel with rigs that are in my class. I dont take sides I just wheel. Didnt realize that because I wanted a meet and greet in the springs it was asking too much. My bad dont do one here then.
Most of the drama is in the past. Having a meet and greet in the springs was a great idea and Ill sure drive down if I can. Things have gotten better in the last few months and I just want to see more involvement out of everyone! Its refreshing to finally see people like you coming forward shooting for events like that. :)

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
I managed to get out a few times this year but maybe only once or twice on an actual COTTORA run. I'll just throw it out there now that Wheeler Lake was a great time, and I would be happy to host everybody for that and some other stuff in the Mosquito Range next summer. I'm checking on the current status of Mt. Bross right now. It's been a complicated land use battle up there. It was open, then closed, then sorta open, the closed, etc... If it's open next summer, I would really like to add that in with the Wheeler run. It's stocker friendly like Wheeler and Mosquito, but it goes to the top of a 14k ft peak with amazing views.

EDIT: It would appear that the 4x4 route has made the USFS map, which means it is a designated trail. It seems like the big dispute is now over the hiking trail. So just stay on the trail.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I have been reduced to web wheeling...someday (hopefully soon) my truck will be outside again.

Best times I had with people over the year were all the times people dropped in to help with one random thing or another, and especially the few times people just dropped in for the helluvit...I'd be working on the truck, and somebody would just roll up and BS for a little while.

Beer @ Minerdude's place at like 1230AM, copper spaghetti in one hand, multimeter in the other.

Getting a pair of SAWs on Ben's truck finally, plus the test drive. Pretty sure the rear tires left the ground a few times, but the front was planted.

Next year...I want to wheel...:(

I've only seen a couple llamas around in the past year. No herds, mostly just solitary animals. That's been real nice too.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
The season is winding down so it is time to hear what people liked/disliked about the club last year. What would you like see changed? What was your best COTTORA memory of the past year?
Why in the fuck would you bring this up? Want it to stop? stop bringing it up. It's a dead issue. RIP. Move along.
I was merely answering ikes question. he didnt ask what we liked/disliked except for things that might bunch panties we recently unbunched. he just asked about the last year. :dunno:

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
I suggest...next person who brings it up, has to wear a pair of pink panties on their head for the duration of the next run, with picture proof.

Jay, what's your head size? :flipoff4:

·
7,735 Posts
seconded!

As for me:

Liked:
+ more involvement from the bigger rigs (SAS'd, linked, etc)
+ including AZ rocks in my annual trip list
+The amount of shit I took for not getting Jr. on the trail.
+ the attempt at getting a trail adopted

Disliked: Aside from "things that might bunch panties we recently unbunched" :flipoff4:
- Not having Jr. on the trail or even running
- pouring all spare cash into Jr and letting my taco stay unmodified which meant not being able to hang with the "big tire, locked & geared" crowd on the trail.
- being unemployed for 7 months and not being able to go on every run that I wanted to

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Like:
the one trail run we went on (Eagle Rock; July?)
patience of members when I stopped to switch batteries (not gonna happen next season)
decent range of info on the boards
experience/opinions/other ideas for projects
it's not as cut-throat/flaming as pirate :D
networking to buy/sell parts locally instead of shipping from across the country

No likey:
still up-in-the-air about adopting a trail (nobody's fault; I know it takes lotsa time)
not having trailer/tow rig to wheel further than I'd like to be towed home
... :confused:

>>Dan

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I liked getting out to other states and wheeling them this year. It was a blast to meet new people and wheel new places. My favorite trip was the June moab trip. Wish more people could have made it, but as it was everything clicked and went smooth and we go a ton of great wheeling in.

For the most part on the way the club ran I didnt have any dislikes. Everything went pretty well I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts