TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was lucky enough to get a set of the All Phase skid plates from CR and they are NICE, but being that i don't have the ability to leave well enough alone i thought it would be a good idea to countersink the bolts on the front skid so the heads don't become hamburger.

here is what they look like stock

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so the fist thing i did was cut out the mounting slots from the skid plate using a 1 3/4'' hole saw. In the pic it is sitting on top of the 1 3/4'' tubing i will use for a "spacer"

next i cut two 5/16'' spacers out of the 1 3/4'' tube and welded them into the 1 3/4'' holes on the top side of the skid

i then welded the mounting slots onto the spacer's

then a quick weld around the bottom, and the bolt head is now safe

on the truck sorry for the poor picture quality

·
20,355 Posts
Looks great. I havent had an issue with hitting those bolts on my bud built yet, but now i know what i will do if i do in the future.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I didn't think about countersinking the heads on the bolts when I built mine. I built my IFS/engine skid it two pieces so I could remove the the second one to access my diff, oil, CVs, and driveshaft. I don't like the bolts hanging down in front. Even a round head bolt could catch.

I'm stealing your idea and countersinking my bolts.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
:clap:Nice work!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I should countersink my main ones (the rest are carriage bolts) under the IFS cross member. I ripped mine out of my allpro skid awhile ago. The center section is held up by pressure from it being bent lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts