TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried the AEM cold air intake on their tacomas? Does anybody know of a good muffler shop were i can get a Flowmaster super 40 muffler and dual exhaust for a good price? I live in Arvada. Thanks in Advance.

Mark

·
Registered
414 Posts
Do NOT go to Bud's Muffler. They've got about the best reputation in Denver, but do absolutely HORRIBLE work.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
its a little ways from arvada but exhaust pros up on melody dr in northglenn (just north of 112th) did mine and they did awesome work. i asked around quite a bit and these guys came highly recommended. they did single to duals and kept the exhaust up inside the frame like i asked and put it up above the frame above the axle like i asked. ive only come close to hitting it once and that was as i was just slightly denting in my rear quarter. they get my vote. i work in wheat ridge if you want to take a look at it sometime

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got mine done there on my Bronco. Unfortunetly it is not a flowmaster or a magna flow for all I know. It does sound good on my V8. Is yours on your Taco. Is it a V6. Wish i could hear it.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
lol the exhaust sounds good..... i dont hear it from the cab really but when youre at the back of the truck you can hear it. you hear my intake sucking air in more than anything though

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh mabee i will just go to them again.

·
Registered
414 Posts
How much did that dual exhast run you TacoToy? I've seen one in person that was just like what you describe. Also, what pipe size did you go with?

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i went with the larger.... i think all the pipes are 2.25 and the ends are 2.5. i paid 300 to have it all done.... and that was including tips and the muffler.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is it the V-force muffler? That is what i have on the Bronco.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So you can get away with doing 2.25 size pipe on a V6 because you went with duals? I'm supercharged by the way.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
your main pipe isn't any bigger than 2.25 anyways.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts