TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colin, Kyle, Alan...If this should be under a different area, please feel free to move it. Thanks

Trail Closings - Flat Rock (Newnan)
Looks like the backwoods trailer trash has succeeded in getting Flat Rock closed for good. They have been dumping garbage and burning tires, matresses, etc at a record pace as of late, and looks like the county/state/somebody got tired of it.
There are more gates going up and new signage everywhere. As of now, the main "road" through is still open and is "county maintained" just like it always was. Those of you who went down there (Kyle, Rick, Christian) remember how "maintained" it was.
Last time I rode back in there it looks like its going to be a state park or something. I'll keep everyone updated to see what happens to it.

New(ish) Trails - Whitesburg
Ok, these aren't new, but I just discovered them recently.
Similar terrain as Flat Rock (but without the huge rock outcroppings and rock gardens)
These are legal, usually not really crowded, but there are alot of ATV's/dirtbikes on Saturdays until around noon.
The trail is almost 100% powerlines, with some very steep climbs and plenty of places to flex and crawl.
There are bypasses for the big mud holes and the more extreme obstacles, but not the hills.
Size-wise, I'd guess its about like Flat Rock was, maybe bigger, but with alot more trails.
There is a creek crossing and some trails through the woods, but most of the trails are in the open.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
i've probably been out to the whitesburg area, gee its been so long i believe they call it acron creek area. Adam if your into exploring area we should go out to tallidega national forest and explore some.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
it there a website or anything like that for the whitesburg trail?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, that's the one.
Acorn Creek
You can see the trail system in the powe line clearing toward the upper left corner of the map, on both sides of Acorn Creek Road. Looks like it goes all the way from Old Jones Road to Canyon Road, but I haven't driven the whole thing.

Christian, I'm always up for some exploring. Give me a call some time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Less Modified Taco said:
it there a website or anything like that for the whitesburg trail?
No website, but I put a google map link in my previous post.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
yeah i would love to that place...we have some hunting property in Greenville in meriwether county, would u happen to know how far a drive that would be?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
never mind..i looked it up..

the trail looks fun

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i would love to that place...we have some hunting property in Greenville in meriwether county, would u happen to know how far a drive that would be?
well...according to google, its 37.5 miles straight down Hwy. 27 through Newnan and on down into the boondocks.

click for a map

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I live in meriwether county, Luthersville - stop by on your way through next time....

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
mad_african said:
I live in meriwether county, Luthersville - stop by on your way through next time....

yeah, we go thru Luthersville on the way down

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
i was thinkin about maybe goin to Whitesburg over spring break(first week of april) as long as somebody else would go with me.....i know that some of yall are goin to the Kentucky run on the 1st...but i just wanted to see if anybody could go...mainly becuase this would be my somewhat first real wheelin trip and im a prerunner(so maybe alittle bit of whichin will be needed) and i would like to get to know some of you guys

i dont HAVE to do this..i just thought it would be a good idea...thanks

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Let me know. I'd be up for something during that time, even though I've got to work.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd love to go down there with yall, but I can't go the first week of April. I leave for the beach on March 30 and I won't be back till April 7.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
anybody else up 4 doin this??

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Hey Jake, its really oldnow...but if your wanting to head out there, I'm with ya, Im sure we can get Christian and some other guys to go too!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let me know if/when you decide to go down there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey guys, Rocko i believe we have talked on yotatech... i have been workin too much and need to get the yota out and strech her legs, i live in newnan/carrolton area putting in another new starter today but should be ready to roll by the weekend...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I'm still aruond the area, and now Christian is in close too. Daniel, and Stomper are nearby also. My budbuilt got here today for my 84, so I will be installing that this afternoon, I am prepping for SETO @ Tellico next weekend, you should come up and check it out. Look for the SETO thread in the events folder!

·
Registered
40 Posts
ya i was am trying to get everything in order on my truck, i got laid off and thankfully found a new job and am now getting back on my feet... but i am definetly planning on it i have checked out the thread and hopefully make it... i havent wheeled in months but hopefully not to rusty.. lol... good hearing from you...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
I just got laid off last friday. I havent found anything new yet...
I'll still be attending SETO if it kills me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts