TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meeting at the Texico by Lowes Home Improvement on the 24th at around 0900. Look for a lifted Green first gen double cab, and a severly lifted black second gen double cab Tacoma. If you want more details PM me.

Matt

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not much of a turnout, maybe more people will show next time:

The rest of the pics:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looks like y'all had a good time. A little more advance notice and I think I could have made it. When is "next time"?
Dont have anything planned yet, prbably going out of town this weekend. Think we are going to plan a camping/wheeling trip for the 22/23 of Oct.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just for fun, heres a picture of it in its former life

And Another...

Dude, are you the original owner? I have been trying to track down the OO forever. I had some questions about the truck/work that was done. Mainly the rear suspension. I know the shocks are ranchos, but what leaf pack/add a leaf is on it? Also did you do any transmission upgrades for the SC? Thanks

·
838 Posts
Yup, It was mine, I started out with that truck! The rear is a 2" procomp AAL and some cornfed shackles. pretty cheap way to go, but I ended up selling it and going to an 85 buggy...now I'm full circle back to a tacoma... Let me know what other questions you have, except for the funky lookin tube work in the bed and whatever else you have done to it I know that truck well!

BTW, Thats a GREAT truck! I still miss it!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, It was mine, I started out with that truck! The rear is a 2" procomp AAL and some cornfed shackles. pretty cheap way to go, but I ended up selling it and going to an 85 buggy...now I'm full circle back to a tacoma... Let me know what other questions you have, except for the funky lookin tube work in the bed and whatever else you have done to it I know that truck well!

BTW, Thats a GREAT truck! I still miss it!
Cool, thanks. Yeah Im wanting to replace the rear suspenion with the AllPro Expedition Suspension. The tube work in the bed was there when I bought it, Im not a huge fan of it, but going to take it out eventually when I get a softopper/rhino liner. I have not done to much to it, put on the URD 7th injector kit, a big transmission cooler, replaced all the fluids w/ synthetic (except the diffs, went dino on them for now), and the allpro tube bumper and IFS/Tranmission skids. Im loveing the truck, it goes almost anywhere I want, took it to the TOTH rally in Sept and had a blast. Im eventually going to have to fix the surface rust on the frame (got about half way back from the front as of now, on the areas I could get to without dismanteling the truck).

·
838 Posts
I didnt do any transmission upgrades, I was going to but sold it before I got any further. I bet the 7th injector helps it a bit!
So you replaced the demello front skid? That thing was freakin bomb proof!!

Sounds like yer given it some love!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didnt do any transmission upgrades, I was going to but sold it before I got any further. I bet the 7th injector helps it a bit!
So you replaced the demello front skid? That thing was freakin bomb proof!!

Sounds like yer given it some love!
Oh, I dont hammer on it to much so Im not planning transmission upgrades any time soon. The 7th injector definatly helps with towing/steep grades (that is where it was pinging on me). When I bough the truck it was missing the skin off the DO skid (I would have loved to have kept it though) and after I replaced the front bumper I would have had to hacked it to get the DO skid to fit, so I just went with the AllPro one due to bolt on ability. Those sliders have got a good workout lately, as seen in this video teaser of the TOTH 2011 DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/YQfxYq9txEM

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SHIT! I forgot about those...I'd sure like to get em back :xrainbow:
The only stickers that where on it when I got it was a nmttora sticker, a couple trd stickers, a urd sticker, and a DO sticker. Btw did you put something urd on there that im just not seeing? Also are the upper CAs the camburg kit?

·
838 Posts
The only stickers that where on it when I got it was a nmttora sticker, a couple trd stickers, a urd sticker, and a DO sticker. Btw did you put something urd on there that im just not seeing? Also are the upper CAs the camburg kit?
ah c'mon, you dont have to be ashamed to admit you liked those rainbow stickers too!! If you wanna put some back on Jung4x4 can get them at a great price since he orders large quantities. :supergay:

The only thing URD on that truck is the sticker...And yes, thos are Camburg uppers along with extended travel DR coilovers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ah c'mon, you dont have to be ashamed to admit you liked those rainbow stickers too!! If you wanna put some back on Jung4x4 can get them at a great price since he orders large quantities. :supergay:

The only thing URD on that truck is the sticker...And yes, thos are Camburg uppers along with extended travel DR coilovers.
lol, I dunno maybe I should get some of the stickers :) j/k

·
Registered
289 Posts
the truck was pretty badass without the mods, so i can imagine what it is capable of doing on and off the road with the slight modifications.

the tube work in the back i believe was for a winch so the fella that bought it after doug would us it to hunt and crap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts