TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Total "barn find". Restored, it would look like this:

But at the moment it is covered in dust, oil, dirt, and literally has a lot of junk in the truck (ok, bed).

If I had the space, I'd be sorely tempted, but I have one truck under the knife already, and a resto like I want is potentially an even worse time and money pit than the truck I already have...

If anyone is interested in an old Chebby, I can pass along the phone number. It's not posted on Craiglist exactly, it was something the guy had in addition to what was posted in the ad.

-Sean

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hmm...without fenders, you automatically have a doved front..... And the rear would be super easy, being a wooden floor and all...... Cut most of that door out for a nice half door..... Big ol' stinger to protect that big ol' hood.... Plenty of room for an LS1 in there too. Probably going to need 44s AND... ROCKWELLS! Which means we'll have to push that front axle way out in front of the truck....and maybe the bed will have to leave...

Lol....I'm making a classic truck guy cringe somewhere.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
A good friend of mine has a 55 that he has been restoring since we were in high school.

he may be interested, he is always on the look out for extra parts, im pretty sure there isnt much dif between a 54 and 55.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Here we go:

This truck has potential, people.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:lmao:

You all joke, but if/when I resto something like this, it'll look like an old Chevy on the outside, but it'll be 4WD...the offroad equivalent of the hot rod version of a restoration.

My thoughts as I looked at this truck where "gonna need Alcans...maybe a 9"...engine swap with tcase..."

Yep. But I don't have time or money...already got one unfinished money pit.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I had one of those in H.S. 1950 3 window. Put a 350/th350 in it. Gawd that truck was fast. But it had 3 drum brakes and orig. front i-beam/leaf suspension. No shocks and the doors would fly open when you went around the corners. But you could get that thing up to 115mph on a straight. 14's in the 1/4 mile. couldn't stop for shit though. had to go into the sand at Bandimere High School Drags.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts