1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
jhunter said:
How would it be 220 HP? I thought those had 190HP.
stickers ;)

·
Registered
947 Posts
hytenor said:
hytenor, where have you been? You know that even at "sticker max" you only net 20hp. So thats only 210. The TRD stickers are just 15Hp. Add a few others and it ups it to 20. Come on, research more before posting non-facts ok. ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
jhunter said:
hytenor, where have you been? You know that even at "sticker max" you only net 20hp. So thats only 210. The TRD stickers are just 15Hp. Add a few others and it ups it to 20. Come on, research more before posting non-facts ok. ;)
geeze....do I have to esplane everything to you, sheesh... sticker hp can be compounded :rolleyes: I thought everyone knew that.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
guy who used to be on here owned it. Grchmn or something like that was his name and he lived up in chico I think. I vaugely remember reading back in the day he got the heads ported and polished, thus bumping up the horsepower.(that was days ago, possibly in delphi times) He sold it to a member in the bay area (danville) who in turn sold it again not to long after buying it.
Thats what I know, I think. :lmao:

·
Registered
947 Posts
hytenor said:
geeze....do I have to esplane everything to you, sheesh... sticker hp can be compounded :rolleyes: I thought everyone knew that.
:doh: Oh yea, I remember reading about that now! I am an idiot.. Also, I guess you could have some down low on the door right behind the front fender. Those seem to generate more HP on the Dyno. I guess that would do it, along with the compounding of sticker power.

This is a nice damn truck, but I dont think the bank would ever loan me that amount for it. I would have to dip into the savings for about half of it. Oh well, I would rather build mine up on my own anyway. I just need to figure out the art of sticker compounding to get my 150 hp to 190.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing