TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have 1 2000 Taco with 3" lift (pucks by Ron) an aal in the rear. I have had the wear before the lift(it was put on a rack and was told it was in spec) the drivers side front tire feathers and rounds on the out side (it pulls to the left) I thought it had to be the alignment???

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Psyco Chef said:
I have 1 2009 Taco with 3" lift (pucks by Ron) an aal in the rear. I have had the wear before the lift(it was put on a rack and was told it was in spec) the drivers side front tire feathers and rounds on the out side (it pulls to the left) I thought it had to be the alignment???
:confused: huh...

it must be the 2009 bugs they haven't worked out yet... :cool:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Assuming that you have a truck that's been built already, you might want to double check your air pressure. What tires are you running?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Take it somewhere else and have it aligned. After a lift it needs aligned.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the 9 key jumped into the 0 spot...It helps if you proof read. 2000, I had it aligned after the lift was installed, about 5 years ago and had it checked again last year when I put tires on it.It pulled to the right before the lift was installed. I check tire pressure better than I type. It has 31" Stampede AT's

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
some of it may also be tendencies of a lifted truck, etc. even after I get mine aligned, it still won't drive totally straight.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Psyco Chef said:
I have 1 2009 Taco with 3" lift (pucks by Ron) an aal in the rear. I have had the wear before the lift(it was put on a rack and was told it was in spec) the drivers side front tire feathers and rounds on the out side (it pulls to the left) I thought it had to be the alignment???
My 2010 does the same crap. Pulls left and feathers the driver frt tire. :dunno:

·
Registered
619 Posts
My '25 model doesn't have this issue...guess it could be due to the fact that it hovers....4 wheel drive is for sissies.....

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Don't mind them they are a bunch of tards...Yes Window lickers!

How long you had those spacers? Ron quit making them about the same time I got here.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Such a technical lot we are, I took it in to have someone else look at today. It seems I have a worn tie rod and rack bushings are cracked.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Psyco Chef said:
Such a technical lot we are, I took it in to have someone else look at today. It seems I have a worn tie rod and rack bushings are cracked.
Ok well since we LOOKED at the truck like this other place and missed it we should be beaten with a whip of thorns. I mean come on you say my tires are wearing funny. You really give us no other info.

Your first Quote.
" I have 1 2000 Taco with 3" lift (pucks by Ron) an aal in the rear. I have had the wear before the lift(it was put on a rack and was told it was in spec) the drivers side front tire feathers and rounds on the out side (it pulls to the left) I thought it had to be the alignment???"

Yes some of us where picking on ya a little but thats just who we are Friends. If ya cant see a joke well then I dont know what to tell ya.

Now the 3rd & 4th post 4int100 and I where trying to get you headed in the right direction.

4inT100's quote.
"Assuming that you have a truck that's been built already, you might want to double check your air pressure. What tires are you running?"

MY quote.
"Take it somewhere else and have it aligned. After a lift it needs aligned."

You never mentioned that you had checked the tire pressure or had an alignment in your first post so we where trying to give you the easiest thing to check first.

Then you come back after these and give us a little more info.

Your next quote.

"I guess the 9 key jumped into the 0 spot...It helps if you proof read. 2000, I had it aligned after the lift was installed, about 5 years ago and had it checked again last year when I put tires on it.It pulled to the right before the lift was installed. I check tire pressure better than I type. It has 31" Stampede AT's"

Now if you read that quote again this has been going on with you truck for over 5 yrs. You have been so worried about this that its took you over 5yrs to think about fixing it. Then you come here post your problem and we dont figure out your problem out in a couple days WITHOUT looking at it or having any good info on the truck you come here and say this.
"Such a technical lot we are"

Now Ill be technical. Im guessing you have ADD (Automatic diff disconect) and not locking hubs. With ADD you shouldnt be lifting over 3"s anyhow. 3"s are better suited for trucks with manual locking hubs. I/E trucks with manual hubs dont spin the cv's unless one or 2 things happen. 1. the hubs are locked or 2. the T-case is engaged. Now with a ADD system one cv will spin all the time unless there is a automatic locker then both cv's will spin all the time. With the cv's sipning all the time and 3"s of lift it will wear out the cv boots quicker.

Also why do you have 3" of lift and only 31" tires. You can fit 31's on your truck with no lift at all I ran my old Tacoma like that with 31x11.50's for a long time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Easy Bro your one of the few that didn't rib me besides I was just ribbing back!!! Sorry if I was out of line or if I pissed anyone off!!
I have manual hubs not ADD it's non TRD (No Locker just mall rated) W/ diff spacers. The lift is actually just shy of 3" after we were done. I had 32" MT's steelies but never really had time to wheel after my son was born took a promotion, worked all the time fell off the face of the earth. Now I'm on the Highway from Kennesaw to College Park, plus plus. So I'd just wear em' out more than the truck already does for me. Not to mention I’m a cheap Faucker!!!
Actually I have taken it on more than one occasion to someone look at it no one seemed to tell me why (just it's in spec) the rest said it had to be the lift.
Sorry I was such “A Prick “

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Im not saying your prick it's just this comment got to me.

"Such a technical lot we are"

Im just saying we need more info before we can come up with something to tell ya. Every little bit of info will help us help you with a problem. Also you posted this in the SAF/SAS this mean Solid front axle / Solid axle swap. Just stick around and you will catch on.

BTW look at the name under my screan name.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well Bro I'll hook you up with some fine fermented liquids one of these days.....what'll ya' have?? I'm prefer Crown Reserve!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
crown, that funny! (since he IS king james!) :)
-daniel

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
edit: crown is always a good choice, especially with some coke
-daniel

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Psyco Chef said:
Well Bro I'll hook you up with some fine fermented liquids one of these days.....what'll ya' have?? I'm prefer Crown Reserve!!!

That is some GOOOOOOD stuff, But im not really that high maintance. LOL Them kinds of liquids do make me not so Grumpy though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts