TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Holy Fawk! :eek: Almost makes me want to drop the 1k for a roll cage...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Crash is an understatement. The rear headrest sticking out of the window is messing with me. That's where my oldest daughter's car seat is located in our 4Runner. That gave me goose bumps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
:confused: The only thing straight on the truck is the front licence plate frame.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
WOW :eek:

that deserves carnage of the month lol...or the year...

i wonder if it is totaled?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't want to piss anyone off but I always find it interesting when a strech of road gets a name like "widow maker", as the operator of a vehicle it's your responsibility to operate that vehicle in the safest manner possible. So when the speed limit is 60, that doesn't mean you must go 60, that means you must not go beyond 60. If the driving conditions are poor, you drive slower and more cautiously...

I don't know the whole story about this incident, but I've never seen a vehicle in such rough shape... Someone might have been going a little to fast?

·
Registered
414 Posts
dlarrivee said:
I don't know the whole story about this incident, but I've never seen a vehicle in such rough shape... Someone might have been going a little to fast?
So you're automatically going to assume that it's his fault?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Good time for a SAS :D

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
dlarrivee said:
I don't want to piss anyone off but I always find it interesting when a strech of road gets a name like "widow maker", as the operator of a vehicle it's your responsibility to operate that vehicle in the safest manner possible. So when the speed limit is 60, that doesn't mean you must go 60, that means you must not go beyond 60. If the driving conditions are poor, you drive slower and more cautiously...

You are correct, you don't know the entire story. Anything could have happened that was out of the drivers control such as a blow out, car swerving into them, swerving to miss road debris, etc. Because it's in rough shape doesn't mean anything as far as placing fault on the driver.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
33 Participants
Switch
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing