TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****TRUCK IS NO LONGER MINE****

Well I figured I would clear some junk out of my signature and just post all the goodies on here.

1998 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4 Auto - Purchased in 2000 with 14,xxx miles on it.

Here's a rundown on what all this Tacoma is riding on currently at 92,xxx miles...

Engine / Exhaust - Stock engine components with glasspack muffler and pipe cut off over the rear axle

Drivetrain - 4.88 Gears, Lockrite autolockers ALL AROUND!

Suspension - EIBach 620# Front Coils with Bilstein 5100 adjustable Shocks, 1.5" Wheelers/Alcan 5 Leaf Spring Pack with ext. BDS 5500 Series Shocks & Downey 1.5" Lift Shackles

Armor - Budbuilt Skid - Reinforced!, custom sliders, custom rear bumper, stock front bumper

Wheels / Tires - 33x10.50 BFG KM2s on 15x8 Crager Soft 8's

Electrical / Doodads - Hella 500s on front bumper, Northern Tool spotlights mounted under bed, Midland CB installed in dash, 96 Tacoma Bucket Seats, Custom Center Console, 120" Steel whip antenna :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here it is mostly stock ( it came with Dunlop LT225x##R15 tires, so I put 30x9.50 )

My next addition was several years later the bed cover ( how exciting :rolleyes: )

So now for the period where the truck started having fun.

First addition was the purchase of some 31x10.50 BFG A/T and some Eagle Alloy Rims.

Next came some home fabricated sliders [ 2 x 2 x 3/16 ]

And heres the more recent goodies...

Installed lockrite in the rear and brought the tires in with some new narrower wheels with better backspacing...

Started building a rear bumper and installed some Hella 500s on the stock front bumper until i can get something goin on the front...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought I would toss in some interior photos as well as some electronics stuff -

Where I have some switches installed on the shifter shroud...

CB in dash...

And the front bumper Hella 500's...

and lastly a better shot of the rear bumper in progress (i am currently fabbing everything i need to add a receiver hitch and from there ill be looking at trimming the bed panels and wrapping it around)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Updates on the rear bumper build... [ 2 x 3 x 3/16 ]

Over the past 2 days I have added a receiver hitch and built a lighted license plate holder to fit in the receiver. Here are the pics of the work.

Some of the things that were used to build it...

Cover welds, may end up smoothing them out and having a flat surface at some point...

Painted up...

Top view...

Here's the plate holder I made with LEDS at the top...

Quick disconnect for the lights...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dented the driver's side door...."fixed" it ;) then wheeled it. First time in sand! 6/22/2010

The dent was attempted to be popped out. Didn't work so well so I just covered the rocker with Herculiner. Herculiner gets 2 thumbs up from me...will be doing a write up on some tips i learned while doing it soon!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mud

I don't typically play in mud a whole lot. Mud is inevitably encountered here in the south so for those interested in that here are some pics of how KM2s and my current set up hold up in muddy conditions:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts