TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... so as of this week my cruise control doesn't work any more. The light on the dash turns on when I turn it on but it won't hold the gas pedal anymore. It also won't accelerate either. Anyone have any suggestions or pointers as to where I can start to troubleshoot??? Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
do you have an air bag light on as well? what about your horn, does it work? the first thing to check would be these other functions and if you don't have them, then it is your spiral cable!

It is a common problem especially after doing body lifts or having the alignment done by a shop that doesn't know what they are doing.

If it is the spiral cable get the jar of vasoline and bend over, the only place to get a new one is a the dealership and they start around $162 give or take

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post so I hope I did this right.

I had the same problem a few weeks back. When on the highway if I turned on my lights the RPMs would go up by 500 and my cruse control would not work like yours. I am not an Electrician so I took it into Toyota and they found my drivers side parking light was causing a short. They replaced the bulb and all is good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mine stopped working once because of a short in the brake light, but the cruise light would flash to show a trouble code.

It stopped working again a few years later. I figured it was the spiral cable, bought a new one and it still didn't work. It turned out to be the clutch switch. It's a switch at the top of the clutch's range of motion that tells the computer when the clutch is depressed. I adjusted it down a little to make sure it engaged and the cruise worked again.

If you find out it is the spiral cable, I have a good used one for a '99 laying around.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts