TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 Tacoma, 66k miles, extended cab V-6, 4x4 with factory cruise. I've noticed the 2 or 3 times that when I set the cruise at a speed it won't hold it but will accelerate. Saturday evening while on the freeway after noticing it happening I turned off the cruise for a minute, turned it back on and set my speed at 55mph. In a few minutes I was doing 70 and still climbing. I tapped the brake to cancel cruise and reset at 60. It started climbing again.

Has anyone else seen this problem before? Any ideas or solutions?

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
MikeS. said:
I have a 97 Tacoma, 66k miles, extended cab V-6, 4x4 with factory cruise. I've noticed the 2 or 3 times that when I set the cruise at a speed it won't hold it but will accelerate. Saturday evening while on the freeway after noticing it happening I turned off the cruise for a minute, turned it back on and set my speed at 55mph. In a few minutes I was doing 70 and still climbing. I tapped the brake to cancel cruise and reset at 60. It started climbing again.

Im sorry but i cant help ya but do you want to try something really cool set you cruise control at 70 mph then slow down till you hit 20 mph then hit the resume button. I did that once and that sucker flew.

·
Registered
526 Posts
At what rate is the acelleration happening? Is it rapid, or equivilent to using the ACCEL feature of the cruise control? If it is the same as the cruise function, I would assume a busted cruise control stalk (lever).

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
MikeS. said:

http://www.internetautoguide.com/auto-recalls/67-int/1996/toyota/tacoma/base/index.html

Says for '96, but may be for '97 as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts