TTORA Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I don't think that's right. We're talking about the switches above the pedals, right? The default position (off the pedal) is button depressed. When you press the pedal, the button comes out. If it's the clutch, it merely breaks the circuit causing the cruise to shut off. If it's the brake, it shuts off the cruise and turns on the brake lights.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It just does it out of the blue, and I know the feeling and hit resume and I go back to my preset speed.
my feet are no where near the brake pedal.
I'm streched out diagonal, elbow on the consol, feet up in left corner of the floor, left hand on the bottom of the steering wheel.
in for a 2 or 3 hr ride

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tonight I adjusted the brake and clutch switches, and the cruise did not turn off when I hit that one bump that usually shuts it off on my 25 mile drive home from work. Time will tell though, whether tonight's drive was a fluke.

For those who have never done this, there is a switch above both the clutch and brake pedal arms. Loosen the locknut with a 14mm wrench and disconnect the electrical connector. Turn the switch clockwise toward the pedal arm until the button is all the way flush with the body of the switch. Tighten the locknut and reconnect the connector.

This should be at the top of the thread. Easy to do and worked great for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's the clutch safety switch that does it. If the ecu doesn't get the signal from clutch pedal switch CC won't work. Try holding the clutch pedal up with your foot going over a familiar trouble spot and I'm sure you'll find that's the problem.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts