TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anthony is bringing quite a few suspension parts, body lift, locker and a stereo to the house this Saturday. We need to have all his upgrades installed by the end of this weekend in order for him to attend the campout.
So far it him, Szilard (Jeep), Rick (Chevy), myself and I believe Skip will make it also. Any other takers? (hint, hint, Paul, Cory, Dom) We have alot of work to do in a very short period of time, I have all the tools we'll need and if not Sears is open late :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anthony, I have Toyota brake fluid for you, pick up three bottles of Mobil 1 75W-90 Synthetis gear lube (I have some to top you off). Kyle ordered the gaskets for the third members yesterday (one for you and Skip) we will have them by Friday. I also have the wire harness to plug the D1 into the Toyota stock stereo plug.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Chaz, if you were as anal as I thought you were, you be all over www.bobistheoilguy.com and you wouldnt be using mobil 1.... My truck is royal purpled front to back (except the diffs) right now....

Heres a question for you chaz, after looking at how the lockright works, I wonder if going with a HEAVY conventional gear oil would "cushion" it and quiet it down more.... Get what I'm saying, I've got some research to do before choose a fluid ;)

Chaz you're gonna hate me, but I bought yet ANOTHER mod tonight I wanna do this weekend :eek:

And I bought some brake fluid anyways, my alcans came with new extended rear braided brake lines so I'll lose fluid when I swap those.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Use what ever oil you prefer... I use Mobil 1, bitch :)
What's the other mod you added to the list? a new clutch? :flipoff3:

·
Registered
676 Posts
O shit, :jack:

New clutch is next, I'm honestly doubting it's ability at the campout (it feels that bad) but I'm going regardless....

I'll probably do my "new mod" by myself it's a simple one, maybe I'll do it sunday, knowing me it'll probably take most of the day

But it's okay chaz, when we get up there, just sit back, I'll show you how it's done you :newbie: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Just a bunch-o-Bitches. I admire the attention to detail that you guys have. Once you mod your trucks enough you'll be changing gear oil once a month/ per ride. Synthetics are great. A quality shock proof oil will work great for your locright. My rear dif gear oil gets changed with my engine oil. You will notice that it is very dark not BLACK. Automatic lockers do this it is normal. Don't stress.

I would drive down to lend a hand but its my wedding anniversary on the 6th.
Good luck guys and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at the camp out.

Neil

·
Registered
151 Posts
What day?? I may have Sat. morning free until like 2 or 3 pm...If so I can be there at 7am with no problem...Been very hectic around here for the past two weeks....Since we are on the topic of synthetics, at what mileage is a good time to chage the diff. fluid out to a synthetic?? I'm waiting until 10k for my engine, but don't know about the diff...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Chaz,

Don't think I'm going to make it this Sat, but can you tell us what time to what time this little event is running? In case I am in the area I may swing by. I am definitely going to the campout, I bought a new much larger tent and queen sized air mattress, truck is running better than ever thanks to carb guru Neil.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I might be able to be persuaded to lend a hand, I don't have anything planned that I can think of right now so chances are I'll be by, what time you starting..... actually nix that, I'll be by when I get up, you know saturday is my one day to catch up on my sleeping.

·
Registered
607 Posts
What time you want to start Chaz?? Call me tomorrow when you get a chance and we can finalize everything. Took me until today to finish the floor in my son's room between a New Years hang-over and a couple of Dr. appts this week I thought I'd never get done.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would like to start around 9:00 am, we have alot to accomplish in a very short period of time.

Paul, get your sleep and call me when you get up.

Cory & Dom, if you decide/have time to help out, call me @561-239-6749 for directions.

Skip, your happy ass needs to show up :D I need my locker assistant.

·
Registered
607 Posts
2Tense said:
I would like to start around 9:00 am, we have alot to accomplish in a very short period of time.

Paul, get your sleep and call me when you get up.

Cory & Dom, if you decide/have time to help out, call me @561-239-6749 for directions.

Skip, your happy ass needs to show up :D I need my locker assistant.
I'll be there. Gotta prime and paint my bumper plate today. I'll start heading your way around 8:00 see ya then:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well just found out I have to go into work from 8 'til noon-ish...I might be able to make it up after that until the evening...I'll call you tomorrow late morning if I can come and help out...

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dom said:
Well just found out I have to go into work from 8 'til noon-ish...I might be able to make it up after that until the evening...I'll call you tomorrow late morning if I can come and help out...
Please do (call), extra hands are always welcomed plus I want to check out your FJC. A rough location to my house is 441 & Palmetto Park Road, I'll PM you my address so you can Google Map it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
2Tense said:
Please do (call), extra hands are always welcomed plus I want to check out your FJC. A rough location to my house is 441 & Palmetto Park Road, I'll PM you my address so you can Google Map it.
Dude, just got your PM...You are like 5 mins. from where I work (Glades and Boca Rio)....If anything I can stop by and say hello to you all...

·
Registered
607 Posts
I guess I'll be the first too post. First off let me thank Chaz for having us and making it possible for it all to happen today.Second thanks for Pauls' help and Dom's help(again Dom pleasure to meet you & your bad ass FJ:D ). I don't think we did too bad for a complete lift install(coilovers,Alcan springs) and 2 lockright installs in 1 day. And let me thank Chaz personally for my Lockrite I could have not done it without you:D . Also,Anthony "L" is for drivers side and "R" is for passenger. DOH!!!:doh: Or as my 8 year old would say DUH DUH DA!!:xsmash: :flipoff4: .Anthony get some pics up asap.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I had a GREAT time today, the cold beers were the final touch of the day :xbeer1:

Anthony, hope you enjoy your modified rig, anytime you need my assistance just call.

Skip, I truly don't think I could have pulled this off without your help, THANK YOU! Enjoy the locker :)

Paul, thank you for showing up and wrenching away like you did, especially when we needed to swap the springs around.

Dom, that was awesome that you just stopped by and jumped in without really knowing any of us. Thank you, now we all just need to go wheeling together.

All photos below was taken by Kelly my 11 year old, the end results took too long for her so, we really don't have any finished pictures...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts