TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a buddy of mine offered to give me his toyota supra ct26 turbo. Just want to know if it is possible to use it in my truck( 2.7L automatic ) if I get the rest of the parts such as manifold, intercooler, tubing, down pipe, ect and do the install. Ive looked around and heard that its been used before in tacomas but some say its too small of a turbo. So let me know if you know anything about them cause I gotta make a decision.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
So a buddy of mine offered to give me his toyota supra ct26 turbo. Just want to know if it is possible to use it in my truck( 2.7L automatic ) if I get the rest of the parts such as manifold, intercooler, tubing, down pipe, ect and do the install. Ive looked around and heard that its been used before in tacomas but some say its too small of a turbo. So let me know if you know anything about them cause I gotta make a decision.
the CT-26 turbo is slightly bigger than the CT-26 from the MR2 or Celica all-trac's. its bigger because its designed for the In-line 6 cyl from the supra. personally i'd take it apart and clean it good, maybe even have it trimmed while its off then install it. but if your not looking for super high HP numbers the stock size supra CT-26 is good enough for your 4banger taco.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I've never seen a manifold for it... would probably be easier to just buy a whole turbo kit from KO racing....
But if you can weld / fab, go for it. a rebuild is usually a couple hundred bucks... don't do it yourself, it will likely leak / be off balance....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts