TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do any Boulder students know if there is some sort of 4x4/off road club up there on campus? Or is anyone looking to start one?

I checked the campus registry and couldn't find anything...but my name search may have been off.

And for that matter, CSU Ft. Collins and Peublo as well?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I see how it is...figuring the nerds in Golden don't have anything going on except Halo and Calculus.

We have a 4wheel club on campus that is comprised of a few different types of trucks (mainly Jeeps and Toyotas). We were going almost every weekend at the start of the school year but have since slowed down as its getting a little later in the season.

Group is called "How High Off-Road". I think there is a Facebook page for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol, well, I suppose Golden has got somethin' goin for em' now :p. Avsfreak, I do agree with you. However, I attend UCCS down in the Springs, and I've seen a lot of rigs (Toyotas, Jeeps, etc), and I thought it would be cool to bring them all togethor in a campus forum.

Anywho, where I'm going with this, If there are any other campuses that have club, maybe it would be cool to network them and see where it goes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do they actually wheel their junk? I guess the only thing that has to happen is that a group of people mutually have the same idea when it comes to wheeling together. Thats how it has worked for the club on the Mines campus even though all different makes of trucks are wheeled without really any concern for body damage and such.

Try to find out if there is actually a group of people you can round up and possibly meet up with some of us from up here.

You would be surprised by how normal a bunch of nerds can be :headbang:

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Do they actually wheel their junk? I guess the only thing that has to happen is that a group of people mutually have the same idea when it comes to wheeling together. Thats how it has worked for the club on the Mines campus even though all different makes of trucks are wheeled without really any concern for body damage and such.

Try to find out if there is actually a group of people you can round up and possibly meet up with some of us from up here.

You would be surprised by how normal a bunch of nerds can be :headbang:
thats the key. theres a kid on campus with a built rubicon that has some decent parts on it, the factory D44s and lockers with 35s. I parked next to him one day and came out to him looking at my truck. talked with him for a bit and his idea of 'wheeling' was what I considered dirt roads. kinda showed too since none of his armor had a scratch on it and his tires were pristine (no chunking at all). So would I go out and wheel with him and others from CU here, sure. Would I rather go hit things more suited to my truck with friends I met here, absolutely. so theres definitely something to be said for wheeling with people more suited to your style of wheeling, not just wheeling with people because they are close at hand.

·
7,735 Posts
You know, I support all kinds of wheeling, even just hitting the forestry/logging roads to explore. But lockers/35's/etc are WAAAAY overkill for that sort of thing.

Kind of cracks me up really.

I want to play solitare on my computer: I must need 8 cores, 4g ram, 4 t-byte hd and the best video card possible. Why? because that all makes it better/faster right? well, yes but...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Kyle and I have been wanting to do this at CSU as well. We happened upon a guy who said they used to have one but CSU didn't want to support it due to liability reasons. Seriously? I'd be fine signing a small peice of paper to do it. Yet the school allows me and plenty of others to work around horses daily. If you've ever been around a one year old untrained and unhadled horse (a class we can take) you know how scary they can be...I beleive they are more unpredictable and far more dangerous than a vehicle would be.

But anyway, we gave the guy our info but hr never contacted us back. -shrug-

·
Registered
188 Posts
Kyle and I have been wanting to do this at CSU as well. We happened upon a guy who said they used to have one but CSU didn't want to support it due to liability reasons. Seriously? I'd be fine signing a small peice of paper to do it. Yet the school allows me and plenty of others to work around horses daily. If you've ever been around a one year old untrained and unhadled horse (a class we can take) you know how scary they can be...I beleive they are more unpredictable and far more dangerous than a vehicle would be.

But anyway, we gave the guy our info but hr never contacted us back. -shrug-
I was sitting in a CSU club officer orientation and considering the same thing. It would be awesome to have a club but jumping through the hoops just doesn't seem worth it

·
Registered
188 Posts
What's the purpose/benefit of having a club sanctioned by CSU?
Not a whole lot. You can have access to rooms on campus if you want to meet and I think you can get funding for certain things. It would be a cool way to interact with other college kids in our hobby but it probably isn't the best setting for this kind of stuff

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You know, I support all kinds of wheeling, even just hitting the forestry/logging roads to explore. But lockers/35's/etc are WAAAAY overkill for that sort of thing.

Kind of cracks me up really.

I want to play solitare on my computer: I must need 8 cores, 4g ram, 4 t-byte hd and the best video card possible. Why? because that all makes it better/faster right? well, yes but...
Hahaha!

Will you build me a PC like that too?? My browser is slow...:D

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I was sitting in a CSU club officer orientation and considering the same thing. It would be awesome to have a club but jumping through the hoops just doesn't seem worth it
Forgot to mention that they had a sort of forum thing going on like ttora but they went inactive after a while.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Minerdude

Not sure if you saw the signature but I'm around campus in a black 02 Tacoma ex cab. Sliders rear bumper, small lift and 33 KM2's. You still around? Havn't seen your rig on campus in a loooong time. Assuming you still have the massive blue solid axle rig.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I may be running into issues down here with getting the club going in the Springs...got an email from the advisor of student life (something along those lines) saying that he would like to meet with me and my vice-chair to, "discuss our application". :cool:

·
20,355 Posts
With how expensive and long builds end up being I would think longevity would be the big issue for a club at a 4 year university.

That said I know risky ricky is part of a school club in nm that at least seemed to be very active.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts