TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 regular cab that has 2 cup holders one on the passenger side of the console and one on the end of the console that has like 2 folding arms, the truck has a bench seat so the console is short, the holder with the folding arms punches a hole in a styrofoam type of cup if you put it in there.it has a notch in the side of the arm closes to the driver, there is a groove in the arms I don't know if there is like a rubber piece that fits in there or not, I've tried looking it up but have yet to see that type of holder, maybe somebody has a bench seat model with the manual transmission has one like this that can tell me how it's made and if I'm missing something

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
pic?
I do not have that type of holder you are talking about... but could you fab a piece of plastic or mouse pad to fit it there?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like it would take something round like o-ring material, merry Christmas every one

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Safetydang you nailed the picture good job, it looks like a channel on the inside of the arms, it's the arm closes to the driver that has a notch in the channel that keeps plugging the styrofoam coffee cups that some reastaraunts give you, I must be the only one that has this problem, I've tossed a few of the cups out the window until I looked closer at one and seen what was causing the problem, it doesn't look like your picture has any material in the channel either

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Looked it up in the FSM

Here is your part number for that cupholder that sits on the back of your shifter console.

55620E HOLDER ASSY, INSTRUMENT PANEL CUP
55620‑35060‑B0 DK.CHARCOAL, TRIM1
55620‑35060‑E0 OAK, TRIM4

It doesn't show any other part numbers on that unit regarding a rubber insert.

If it did it would have a part number for a rubber insert like the rear cup holder would.

So I assume the slot you refer to never had any kind of rubber insert..

Or. It is a rubber insert that is non replaceable unless you replace the whole cupholder unit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem solved, found a o-ring that fit the groove, cut it into and pushed in the groove and it covers the little notch that's been plugging the cups

1 - 11 of 11 Posts