TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as everyone knows the cup holders in the 98 tacoma reg cab are comepletley useless..... Is there a mod or a way i can incorperate a new cup holder into it? or maybe a completely new center console that isnt one of those universal pieces of crap? i have a manual tranny too if that makes a difference. I am just sick of my cups fallin out while im driving...
Any Idea????? :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
stick a beercuzzi in it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
if you have a 98-99 with cup holders like mine if you put a roll of ducktape in the cup holder a bottle or something in that nature fits in it perfectly and holds the bottles, fyi i'm a dipper so i used bottles to spit in and it holds them great....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How hard is it to replace the center console with an 01 console? does the holes line up and everything? is there alot of modifications and how much will i spend?!?

·
Registered
4 Posts
f it, do what i did and take the damn thing out and hold the cup between your legs, or if you are really hurting for a cup holder, use the one that folds out behind the passenger seat. I had my truck for about a month and that was one of the first things i took out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go for the $2 walmart special hung off the door

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
I got a 2001+ center console, I had an issue with the rear extending too far back to the back cab wall, but I have a MTX Thunderform subwoofer enclosure that sits up into the tranny hump
i will have to see if the std cab units are shorter than the ext cab models
otherwise, it has a taller padded armrest and better cupholders for pints of Coke and other frosty beverages

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I have an 03 console in my 99 ext. cab. It fits with NO issues. The color is almost the same. I have the blue/gray interior and the console was from a slightly different shade of gray. You can only tell if I point it out. The 01+ consoles are the shit!

~Miguel

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
toyotaman21 said:
if you have a 98-99 with cup holders like mine if you put a roll of ducktape in the cup holder a bottle or something in that nature fits in it perfectly and holds the bottles, fyi i'm a dipper so i used bottles to spit in and it holds them great....
I used to dip in my truck and then I went to swig the spit bottle instead of the water bottle in the cup holder next to it...I haven't chewed in my truck since...

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
DirtTaco said:
I used to dip in my truck and then I went to swig the spit bottle instead of the water bottle in the cup holder next to it...I haven't chewed in my truck since...
:scared: I have done the same thing, and oh my God, what a shocker!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The funniest part is my buddy was in the passenger seat and watched the whole thing go down and didn't say a word. What a Fucker! Haha!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Ripcurlsurfin96 said:
Ok as everyone knows the cup holders in the 98 tacoma reg cab are comepletley useless..... Is there a mod or a way i can incorperate a new cup holder into it? or maybe a completely new center console that isnt one of those universal pieces of crap? i have a manual tranny too if that makes a difference. I am just sick of my cups fallin out while im driving...
Any Idea????? :confused: :mad:
Buy square cups. ???? Duh. They are everywhere now....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts