TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Cool. Good looking bumper.

Did they do Tippy's bumper? It kinda looks like Tippy on the picture second from the left.

·
Registered
661 Posts
yeah i was at work, and a guy from that company put his card in my window...

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
That is Jacob's company, the guy who built tippy. So yeah, that is tippy.

Top notch guy. VERY highly recomended for any work you need done.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Its hard to tell from the photos, but I don't think that the way the clevis is mounted would provide enough strength for a mud recovery. I think I would have mounted clevises closer to the frame, rather than in the center, there would be less chance of the tube bending under load. IMHO, but the rest of it looks great.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
That's a clean bumper. Looks great.

·
20,355 Posts
Would think it would bend with some hard pulling, but then again i dont know what wall it is.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Would think it would bend with some hard pulling, but then again i dont know what wall it is.
I agree, and it has leverage acting on the mount with the frame too. My two cents on this is that you might want to think about some gussets at the mounting location of the tube, at least, or tie it into a second tube parallel to and behind the first.... but then,... a full size bronco...keep an eye on it at least.

Thanks for putting up the extra angle.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
No, but $5k is a helluva deal.

Molly's rig was the first one Jacob built. I have to say, there are some things I would have done differently (no issue with the quality of the work, just choices he made), but he has learned A LOT with each one and the quality of his fab work has improved even.

·
Banned
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya i know that the guy already sold it that had it
it was one bad ass 4runner though!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
That 4runner actually sold on craigslist for 4k!! I almost sold my taco to pick it up back when it was posted (I think it was Jan. or so)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Wow. Somebody scored on that purchase. I'd love to get into an older solid axle rig I could hammer, flop, etc. and not feel guilty about. Keep waiting for that long lost rich uncle to leave me a fortune. Hasn't happened yet. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts